Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Fog lamp

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
Colt Speed,

Thanks for the reply. I see some products from Colts Japan have, however, you don't have on the Canadian Website, ie. Fog Lamp HIDS.

Do you know what kind of bulb the Fog Lamp housing takes? According to the Colt Speed Japan website, it appears to be H11 bulbs. Can you please confirm.

Also, +1 on Colt Speed's reply regarding their pricing. Don't need to start bashing the company's product and/or their employees because of their pricing. If you don't agree with the pricing, don't buy it. No comments needed. And of course, positive comments are always welcome!

Thanks
....As for the question on the fog lamp bulb, it is a 55W H11 bulb.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Some clarification and answers to questions

Hello and thank-you everyone for your questions.

First, again regarding pricing: Colt-Speed Canada’s parent company is Colt-Speed in Japan and the pricing policy is consistent.

Certain items’ prices on the Japanese website will not be the same as in the North American market (i.e. K&N air filters). Since some of these products may be made in the U.S.A., then obviously it would be wiser to buy this from the U.S. K&N replacement filters do sell for $100-$150 to Japanese customers. If you notice on www.colt-speed.ca we do not offer K&N filters for that very reason.

Canadians that would like to outfit their RVR, Outlander, Lancer, etc. with premium components that are not offered by other companies, when they order from us, shipping, duties/fees are included; the only thing not included is HST. We hope that this makes shopping for your vehicle more convenient, with less hassle.

There may be companies that sell, for example, a ‘universal fit’ part for much less than Colt-Speed Canada; of course, taste as well as budget will sway your decision.

We would like to mention once again that Colt-Speed focuses solely on Mitsubishi vehicles and prides itself on the top quality of its performance components. Colt-Speed’s engineers and R&D department ensures proper fit, function and high quality. Colt Speed has been participating in Japanese Domestic ST2 (endurance) races as Team Colt Speed - this is where the expertise of Colt-Speed originates.

Colt-Speed has emerged to focus on circuit events and on-road competitions, as well as designing products and components to make driving, whether it be the daily commute, or the long-awaited road trip, more safe, spirited, and enjoyable.

Again, Canadian customers, Colt-Speed Japan sets our price. They are our parent company. We will beat any price for our Canadian customers! (Remember: delivery, duties/fees are included in Colt-Speed Canada’s price! Plus, an additional 10% discount for Forum members.)

We also appreciate that some products may seem overpriced to some. If you needed a wristwatch, and the salesperson offered you the $11,000 Rolex, depending on the type of customer you were, you would either buy it, or pass. Few would email Rolex, though, to tell them that they were off their rocker and accuse them of highway robbery, since many are aware of the fine craftsmanship and materials that go into the making of such a timepiece.

Moving along to the question on our website product description, if you click on the item, there is a description of each part. Taking a few minutes to navigate around the site may prove fruitful. If further info is needed, the Ram-Air Intake is broken down and explained component-by-component on the Japanese website. (www.colt-speed.com). Please also note that no exact XXX% increase is listed, as there are many factors that would affect a performance/efficiency gain. Also, the engine cover is designed to more efficiently channel power-robbing heat away from the engine. How much heat, in degrees, would depend on many factors.

Colt-Speed Demo vehicle. After installing some of the performance components on the Colt-Speed Outlander, a significant increase in performance and handling of the vehicle was observed. The stock Tower Bar is better than no tower bar, yet a simple visual comparison will show the Colt-Speed Tower Bar’s superior design and construction, which equates into a handling performance gain. Also note the stock Rear Cross Member Support (two thin metal tabs) as compared to Colt-Speed’s triple-tube system. To give precise numbers is impossible. Each individual vehicle has undergone its own amount of chassis flex, so to give % increases in structural rigidity gains could seem misleading.

As for the question on the fog lamp bulb, it is a 55W H11 bulb.

Hopefully this helps…

Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigrroberto
They are trying to take advantage of a growing demand with no competition. If you look at that whole reply and sum it up it would come out something like this...

"No one else has made anything 'Outlander specific' we are the only ones and therefore you cannot compare our products to anything else. Therefore, by default, our products are superior and consequently they will be priced as such. Oh and you hurt our feelings with your opinion so we will delete your post."
Companies like Injen, who may have deep pockets from the years of sales of CRX and Integra Intakes, may choose to develop the odd part for the EVO X, and quite possibly the Ralliart. But the Outlander V6? The RVR? Maybe. Hopefully they do!

Colt-Speed, before the RVR, or Outlander Sport, even set rubber in North America, took the initiative to develop performance products.

Not just intakes. Lowering springs. Stainless Exhausts. Ignition Boosters. Adjustable Suspension Links.

R&D costs money. Engineers cost money. Did Colt-Speed know whether or not the RVR was going to be a ‘hit’? Really, they didn’t care. Mitsubishi vehicles are their specialty.

As an example, competitors list lowering springs for the Outlander. Yet Colt-Speed lists theirs as fitting the CW5W, or 2.4 only. Why not the V6? Could there be a difference in the two vehicles?

If one wishes to risk handling performance for economy…this is one’s personal choice.

Simply put, do your research and make an informed decision. If your budget does not include Colt-Speed products, you are free to choose what you put on your vehicle.

Good luck!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ryandlor
You're right it isn't our forum.... Which is pathetic. I had a memeber calling me retard, and everything else in the book for weeks on the forums.. and I asked, emailed the moderators to do somthing and never got a response.

I say one Honest thing about a sponsored Vendors overpriced products and I get a Warning and my posts deleted within 2 mintues.

This is a joke really.
Really? And which mod did you send a message to? Obviously not me since I tend to respond rather quickly to reports here.

I could care less about an honest opinion. I'm tired of reading reports of posts bashing a company. If there's a legitimate concern about power and performance then request the information and the facts but there's no need for the venom and fangs.

And Roberto, there was a certain member who plainly stated in one of his deleted posts that he would bash the company if he felt like it. Completely totally and utterly UNACCEPTABLE behavior.

Now if you want to jump in the aftermarket field and start producing the same parts this company is and offer them for a lower price, I'm sure the competition will induce reductions in prices all around. Until then unfortunately it's economics 101. Supply and demand. You demand the parts and they supply them therefore with no competition to force prices down they are free to tell you what to pay. Either you'll buy it, fabricate your own parts, or do without. Take your pick.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 PM

I haven't checked the site out but I am glad to see some one offering real performance parts for the Outlander. I hope Colt-Speed will listen to some of the constructive criticism, and that’s what most of it is, so more people can take advantage of the availability of these parts.

The fact is, that comparing Nissan prices to Mitsubishi prices isn't realistic because of the higher volumes accessories are made for the bigger brands. It is also a fact that the Outlander isn't a true "performance" vehicle and people can go with out if the deal isn't attractive enough.

Once again, thank you Colt-Speed for at least giving us a AM parts supplier to bitch about. That at least means you’re in the game. You may be an expensive option but at least it's an option.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Sadly to say, this is how the world works, I too think it's over priced, but they are basically the only company that have mods for the Outlander. Plus any import goods from overseas are expansive.. it's expected.. if you don't like it, don't buy it

I do have one suggestion for Colt-Speed, please put better quality photos, looked to me like you either took the photo off our phone, or stole a low low res picture somewhere else. Your product might be of high quality, but the pictures made me think it's a POS... anyways, this is a personal opinion.. not a grudge

Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius
Really? And which mod did you send a message to? Obviously not me since I tend to respond rather quickly to reports here.

I could care less about an honest opinion. I'm tired of reading reports of posts bashing a company. If there's a legitimate concern about power and performance then request the information and the facts but there's no need for the venom and fangs.

And Roberto, there was a certain member who plainly stated in one of his deleted posts that he would bash the company if he felt like it. Completely totally and utterly UNACCEPTABLE behavior.

Now if you want to jump in the aftermarket field and start producing the same parts this company is and offer them for a lower price, I'm sure the competition will induce reductions in prices all around. Until then unfortunately it's economics 101. Supply and demand. You demand the parts and they supply them therefore with no competition to force prices down they are free to tell you what to pay. Either you'll buy it, fabricate your own parts, or do without. Take your pick.
Sorry missed that.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Lets kill this thread already.

Sponsors of this Site have the last say, and we can't put in our $0.02....

Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 PM

I find it interesting that the comparison towards Rolex is being made.

Rolex is a company who has made their name known for excellence in their industry. As for Colt Speed, I had never even heard of them until I found the member here pushing their products in every post. If Colt had even near the reputation of a leading company as Rolex, than those prices may just be justified.

Here is the problem. Colt is selling products that even the most basic of entry level manufacturers don't seem to have a problem producing, and those basic manufacturers don't seem to have a problem producing those parts at very low costs. Stop continuously making statements like, but this is for a Mitsubishi, not a Nissan. That makes little sense. What we are buying is a part. Who cares what manufacturer it is being used on. A part is a part is a part. The manufacturing process is almost no different from one vehicle make to another, the only difference is maybe a hole pattern or etc, which does not increase costs. So lets start being logical when talking about increased costs. How could your parts require so much more cost to the buyer, Colt Speed? What is different about your hood dampers versus those carbon fiber dampers for the Corvette? Obviously they are not made of carbon fiber, but what are we getting for $400 that makes them worth $400? That other company appears very small, are they making a mistake selling theirs for $170?

You keep using the argument that no one else makes the parts. Okay so you are taking the monopoly argument. Here's the problem. Smart purchasers can simply wait for cheaper parts. What happens when those cheaper parts arrive, you acquire competition, and no one wants to pay your prices? Will you lower your prices then, or jeopardize your company sales? I'm not bashing, but I am trying to figure out why your company is making such non-compliant sales decisions.

What do I mean by "non-compliant"?

Just by viewing this thread I can come to the conclusion that your company sales are suffering due to your pricing structure being non-compliant with customers expectations. Most companies would acknowledge such mass complaints, where as you seem to attempt to wave a curtain in front of your problems in hopes that a few remarks will change our entire opinion on buying strategy and give in.

The website has little to offer, your descriptions put here have little to offer besides diversions about how we should evaluate the choice, and we mostly feel pricing is too high. There seems to be a problem on your end, and I hope your company can make some adjustments to permit its growth, and rid these customer complaints. Best of luck I wish for your company.

On another note, it is always too bad to see money and politics limit our freedom of speech. Some forums cater to that freedom, others are more interested in bank accounts. I hope this one proves less interested in the latter.

Last edited by Matt_M; 01-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_M
I find it interesting that the comparison towards Rolex is being made.

Rolex is a company who has made their name known for excellence in their industry. As for Colt Speed, I had never even heard of them until I found the member here pushing their products in every post. If Colt had even near the reputation of a leading company as Rolex, than those prices may just be justified.

Here is the problem. Colt is selling products that even the most basic of entry level manufacturers don't seem to have a problem producing, and those basic manufacturers don't seem to have a problem producing those parts at very low costs. Stop continuously making statements like, but this is for a Mitsubishi, not a Nissan. That makes little sense. What we are buying is a part. Who cares what manufacturer it is being used on. A part is a part is a part. The manufacturing process is almost no different from one vehicle make to another, the only difference is maybe a hole pattern or etc, which does not increase costs. So lets start being logical when talking about increased costs. How could your parts require so much more cost to the buyer, Colt Speed? What is different about your hood dampers versus those carbon fiber dampers for the Corvette? Obviously they are not made of carbon fiber, but what are we getting for $400 that makes them worth $400? That other company appears very small, are they making a mistake selling theirs for $170?

You keep using the argument that no one else makes the parts. Okay so you are taking the monopoly argument. Here's the problem. Smart purchasers can simply wait for cheaper parts. What happens when those cheaper parts arrive, you acquire competition, and no one wants to pay your prices? Will you lower your prices then, or jeopardize your company sales? I'm not bashing, but I am trying to figure out why your company is making such non-compliant sales decisions.

What do I mean by "non-compliant"?

Just by viewing this thread I can come to the conclusion that your company sales are suffering due to your pricing structure being non-compliant with customers expectations. Most companies would acknowledge such mass complaints, where as you seem to attempt to wave a curtain in front of your problems in hopes that a few remarks will change our entire opinion on buying strategy and give in.

The website has little to offer, your descriptions put here have little to offer besides diversions about how we should evaluate the choice, and we mostly feel pricing is too high. There seems to be a problem on your end, and I hope your company can make some adjustments to permit its growth, and rid these customer complaints. Best of luck I wish for your company.

On another note, it is always too bad to see money and politics limit our freedom of speech. Some forums cater to that freedom, others are more interested in bank accounts. I hope this one proves less interested in the latter.
very well said Matt M.

Quick Reply: Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America