Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM

129$ for valve stems, 289$ for lug nuts, yikes. i love my car and she deserves the best treatment but i don't love it that much. lol

Last edited by cheech; 01-14-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by cheech
129$ for valve stems, 289$ for lug nuts, yikes. i love my car and she deserves the best treatment but i don't love it that much. lol
Lol...What too expensive?!?!?!?

But they are the highest quality Valves..you can't compare valves man..these are gold plated.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Hello Matt,

Since you personally have never heard of Colt-Speed does not mean that we are ‘new to the scene’. Mitsubishi Motors itself is even relatively new to Canada, and fifteen years ago, to ask the average Canadian ‘Who is Mitsubishi?’, the majority would no doubt have said something like “The Company that made the Zero?”

Since you personally feel that Colt-Speed products are overpriced, does not automatically mean that our products are actually overpriced. Many, by seeing the prices set by Japan, will realize that that they are reasonable, since Colt-Speed Canada’s prices include bringing the item(s) from Japan (duties/fees), and shipping said item(s) to the customer.

As for “non-compliance”, we are confident that there are consumers out there that have heard of and know of Colt-Speed, are aware of our reputation, and will be happy to hear that there is now a commanding Colt-Speed presence in North America. This is our target clientele. We realize that not every individual will be willing to part with over ten thousand dollars for a full race-spec brake kit for their Outlander, but we are here to serve the special few that are. Call it a monopoly if you wish; we personally feel that more companies should be making much more for Mitsubishi vehicles – and not just the EVO line, but exciting products for the Outlander and RVR as well.

To copy products is cheap and easy. Anybody can do this, and there is no doubt fourteen gazillion companies out there making hood shocks for Corvettes.

Here is the real problem: R&D costs money. Engineers cost money. “Smart purchasers can simply wait for cheaper parts.” Certain customers, not necessarily “smart” customers, may choose to wait for knock-off parts, but we all know the difference from the ‘first-line’ as compared to the ‘third-line’ part. 1. Price. 2. Quality and durability. One has the right to choose.

‘Cheap’ has two meanings. 1. Inexpensive. 2. Low quality. Oftentimes the two go hand-in-hand. Your reasoning: “A part is a part is a part…” is flawed. You yourself even acknowledged that Rolex was not ‘a watch is a watch is a watch’.

Perhaps Colt-Speed Canada should employ Mr. Travolta or Ms. Theron to advertise Colt-Speed products for us. Then, no doubt you would think it a quality product and we could justify the price to you!

Just by viewing this thread I can come to the conclusion that your company sales are suffering…” Obviously your ‘conclusions’ are incorrect, as Colt-Speed has chosen to expand into other markets, and continues to develop premium components for Mitsubishi vehicles for customers all over the world.

Additionally, so much of this wonderful sport has so much to do with taste and aesthetics, and even if one part may out-perform the same part from another manufacturer, we appreciate that some may just like the ‘looks’ better, and thus make their choice accordingly.

As for the website, we are working on a site with higher-res images and more in the way of product descriptions. Thank you for your comments and patience.

In conclusion, we thank you for your input; however, until we hear mass complaints on product quality, we will be conducting business-as-usual. In the meantime, here’s a chance to use your business savvy! Start making ‘cheap’ stuff for Mitsubishi vehicles. The market seems huge!

Hopefully this helps!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by glauconite
Sadly to say, this is how the world works, I too think it's over priced, but they are basically the only company that have mods for the Outlander. Plus any import goods from overseas are expansive.. it's expected.. if you don't like it, don't buy it

I do have one suggestion for Colt-Speed, please put better quality photos, looked to me like you either took the photo off our phone, or stole a low low res picture somewhere else. Your product might be of high quality, but the pictures made me think it's a POS... anyways, this is a personal opinion.. not a grudge
Thank you for the comments. We tried to get our website up-and-running as quickly as possible, and are working on high-res images, better product description, etc. We have updated product description for some lines. (All of this takes time, and we appreciate your patience.)

In the meantime, please go to www.colt-speed.com and browse through the website (both Japanese and English version, sometimes different pictures are displayed).

Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Default It's a question of Status Symbol

Here I am, Jumping in the mucky pond

In 1978 when I was stationed in Japan at Mitsubishi Aircraft In Nagoya I was amazed by the prices the Japanese are willing to pay for performance car parts until I was explained by a Japanese mechanic that the cost of the parts imply a status symbol.

For reference have a look at the prices on japanpart.com, even Mitsubishi's own parts.

That said, Colt speed is certainly not going to sell the same Japanese parts in Canada at a much lower price compared to the home office in japan as the home office would loose all of it's sale to the Canadian outfit.

Colt speed is new to North America and they will have to learn... as Toyota and others did, here price is NOT irrelevant and "Best bang for the buck" is the status symbol.(To push those prices they would have to focus on Porches or Ferrari).

And by the way Ryandlor WAS abused by a Chinese seller of LCD radio screen masquerading as an Outlander owner.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Colt speed is new to North America and they will have to learn... as Toyota and others did, here price is NOT irrelevant and "Best bang for the buck" is the status symbol.(To push those prices they would have to focus on Porches or Ferrari).

And by the way Ryandlor WAS abused by a Chinese seller of LCD radio screen masquerading as an Outlander owner.
Merci!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am, Jumping in the mucky pond

In 1978 when I was stationed in Japan at Mitsubishi Aircraft In Nagoya I was amazed by the prices the Japanese are willing to pay for performance car parts until I was explained by a Japanese mechanic that the cost of the parts imply a status symbol.

For reference have a look at the prices on japanpart.com, even Mitsubishi's own parts.

That said, Colt speed is certainly not going to sell the same Japanese parts in Canada at a much lower price compared to the home office in japan as the home office would loose all of it's sale to the Canadian outfit.

I never said he wasn't abused. But it looks like the one that was doing the abusing has been deleted altogether. I tried to find anything on the name mentioned and it doesn't exist.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 PM

I am not going to keep arguing here, because it's apparent that everyone else already knows what I'm getting at. The above statement is exactly what I'm talking about. Being new in North America means adopting a North American strategy to survive. The high-priced "status symbol" strategy will most certainly fail on this land, in this economy. Sheesh

Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius
I never said he wasn't abused. But it looks like the one that was doing the abusing has been deleted altogether. I tried to find anything on the name mentioned and it doesn't exist.
As I read just about everything on this forum I have seen it happen.

But you are right, I tried to find the series of snarky comment and could not. But I definitely remember thinking that these where pretty nasty comments, followed by Ryandlor request for someone to intervene.

This was a couple of months ago, someone must have done the housekeeping just like the sudden disappearance of the 3 Rants about financing that were removed two days ago in this thread.

Thanks for checking

Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by nhoccutegirl
$1500 for an air intake?

That has to be a typo...

ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

It's a spammer, ah hem.

Quick Reply: Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America