Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Colt-Speed Ca

The reason why we will not publish exact figures is the same reason why K&N themselves will not: VEHICLES VARY. Synthetic oil? Premium gas? Guess what? Different results.
Do you really think we don't know that vehicles vary? Variables before the eyes of car tuners is strictly common sense. The point is, a dyno chart gives that magical thing known as a reference. We have a reference to look at and make our own conclusions. When you create a dyno run chart, obviously you state your variables: ambient temperature, fuel octane, oil if you want, and vehicle mods. We then draw our conclusions based on how similar or different our own situation is. I wouldn't think I would have to explain that to a manufacturer of performance parts. Though I'm sure your rebuttal will further defend your lack of dyno information, as usual.

Originally Posted by Colt-Speed Ca
Sir, if Colt-Speed doesn't fit your budget, it's not comical, but plain dollars and cents. Perhaps another brand may suit your pocketbook.
No sales pitch...if you want so-so for your ride - pay the money. If you want better - pay the money. Do your research, educate yourself and make your informed decision.
You seem to have a good time putting a twist on what others have said. Me not buying your parts is not what I said was comical. The whole sales pitch going is specifically what I said was comical. It's as if, without any proof from anywhere, we are to take every word you say, dismiss other no-name companies as being good parts makers, and hold Colt-Speed to some high point on the bar above the rest. That's what's comical. That's what's not selling any parts for you.

Sir, I install fiber optic equipment networks for AT&T, Verizon, and Frontier, and I make close to 100K a year. I have no children. Buying a $302 engine cover would not be very hard for me to afford financially speaking. This is where we all seem to lose you and your logic. For it's not that I cannot afford your parts, no, not that at all. It's strictly that I won't buy them. I will not buy them, because I will not give you something you do not deserve. That's where I stand, and I feel others are standing right beside me.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Default K&N does have dyno graphs on Typhoon systems

"Prove it" is the phrase that comes to mind from this whole discussion. I am surprised there is no proof or data confirming performance increases on any of these products.

Also, why is K&N being brought into question? They do have dynographs for lots of their "intake systems" but not "replacement filter"
e.g. http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-1009_dyno.pdf
It took 2 minutes to find this. If it does not show up just go to the KandN website and look up any/most Typhoon intake systems dyno.

When it is an intake system designed for a specific car, shouldn't there be some data recorded during R&D of the product. I mean, it's custom for the vehicle right? Were there not any changes made to improve on the design during development? pipe length? pipe location? placement? diameter? material used?

p.s. $302 is not alot of money. Just alot of money for what is offered.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Have a look at THIS:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/vendor-...8s-9s-10s.html

Colt Speed products in another forum from 2010. And look at what is being said about them.

Goes like this:

Buyer: I just took a look at the Colt Speed roll center kit and the tie rod kit. They look fairly similar to analogous Whiteline products. Do they have any significant/additional advantages over the Whiteline products that might justify the premium cost?

Seller of Colt Speed product: The End-Links and Roll Center Kit's are in fact re-branded from another manufacturer (per their approval, of course).

What do you know, Colt Speed rebranding other peoples products, and jacking the prices up.

So what argument do you have here for raising those prices, when you aren't even doing the R&D on certain products, Colt Speed?

Last edited by Matt_M; 01-18-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Have a look at THIS:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/vendor-...8s-9s-10s.html

Colt Speed products in another forum from 2010. And look at what is being said about them.

Goes like this:

Buyer: I just took a look at the Colt Speed roll center kit and the tie rod kit. They look fairly similar to analogous Whiteline products. Do they have any significant/additional advantages over the Whiteline products that might justify the premium cost?

Seller of Colt Speed product: The End-Links and Roll Center Kit's are in fact re-branded from another manufacturer (per their approval, of course).

What do you know, Colt Speed rebranding other peoples products, and jacking the prices up.

So what argument do you have here for raising those prices, when you aren't even doing the R&D on certain products, Colt Speed?
And the Thread ends there....

We've proven our point.....

I don't think you have any buyers on the Outlander section of this forum. Thats not me being Rude, but being honest. If you were ahead, I would say "stop when you're ahead" but we've past that point.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Do you really think we don't know that vehicles vary? Variables before the eyes of car tuners is strictly common sense. The point is, a dyno chart gives that magical thing known as a reference. We have a reference to look at and make our own conclusions. When you create a dyno run chart, obviously you state your variables: ambient temperature, fuel octane, oil if you want, and vehicle mods. We then draw our conclusions based on how similar or different our own situation is. I wouldn't think I would have to explain that to a manufacturer of performance parts. Though I'm sure your rebuttal will further defend your lack of dyno information, as usual.

You seem to have a good time putting a twist on what others have said. Me not buying your parts is not what I said was comical. The whole sales pitch going is specifically what I said was comical. It's as if, without any proof from anywhere, we are to take every word you say, dismiss other no-name companies as being good parts makers, and hold Colt-Speed to some high point on the bar above the rest. That's what's comical. That's what's not selling any parts for you.

Sir, I install fiber optic equipment networks for AT&T, Verizon, and Frontier, and I make close to 100K a year. I have no children. Buying a $302 engine cover would not be very hard for me to afford financially speaking. This is where we all seem to lose you and your logic. For it's not that I cannot afford your parts, no, not that at all. It's strictly that I won't buy them. I will not buy them, because I will not give you something you do not deserve. That's where I stand, and I feel others are standing right beside me.
Hello Matt_M,
First, to say that Colt-Speed purchases items, removes the labels, replaces them with Colt-Speed stickers, and then jacks up the price is incorrect. There are highly skilled engineers working at Colt-Speed in Japan, who at times contract reputable companies to manufacture certain components for them. Most of the R&D would no doubt take place within these facilities; as soon as Colt-Speed Canada has this data, it will be published.

As an example, GruppeM has been contracted to produce components for the Outlander, RVR (and other Mitsubishi vehicles) Ram Air Intake, yet GruppeM, according to their website, does not offer a RamAir Intake for the Outlander. Does this make Colt-Speed products inferior, just because they are not produced, in their entirety, in-house? Absolutely not. But you want data to back this up. Understood. It will be published very soon.

As for the statement “… (Components) are in fact re-branded from another manufacturer…” is somewhat vague (who?), and frankly, misleading, as it suggests that Colt-Speed Japan has nothing to do with the final product. This is wrong. In our opinion, the contracting of parts to industries that specialize in their particular field is wise. If a superior component can be produced by a facility that specializes in that particular field, using expertise of engineers that specialize in that respective field, then why not?

Chrysler was great at building Newports, Dusters and Challengers, yet when the market was shifting towards smaller, more efficient vehicles, what did they do? Call Mitsubishi, and voila! The Arrow, Colt, etc. emerged and was branded as a Dodge or Plymouth. This is nothing new in the business world.

As for the statement “What do you know, Colt Speed rebranding other peoples products, and jacking the prices up.” Is borderline malicious, and could even be considered libelous, as you are referring to the comments as factual.

If Whiteline however, did in fact produce components for the RVR, then Colt-Speed would have serious competition, as they are a great company with much to offer, yet, unless we’ve missed something, we were unable to find a listing on the Whiteline website for the RVR for us to purchase and then re-brand.

Second, we did not intend to offend by trying to ‘school’ you or anyone else regarding the variations in testing, etc. Rather, we felt compelled to attempt to enlighten you in particular.

Why?

When there was mention of the cutting off of 2” from the springs on a 2010 or 2011 vehicle (maybe on a $500 vehicle not driven on public roads)

and

comments like ‘parts are parts’ or, as you put it “It’s just a spring…” (implying that Company A’s part (let’s say a spring, for example) should be , according to you, roughly the same price as Company B’s, even if the materials used, the manufacturing process, etc., is different,) we felt it necessary at that time, to try to consider our audience (you) and start with the basics by stating the obvious. You seem to have a great deal of tuning experience and knowledge though, and thus need to be informed of nothing, right?

It is worthy of mention, though, that when springs are concerned, that different (higher) grades of steel and tempering, along with any coatings, etc. will increase the quality and price. With some things, one gets what one pays for. But, of course, you don’t need us to tell you that…the cables which you install for a living are far superior for data transmission and other properties than other cables of differing construction and design, no? See? We thought that a cable-was-a-cable-was-a-cable…silly us!

Finally, we hope the following puts this discussion to an amicable rest:
Dyno sheets will be published soon (well before spring) for the Outlander with the 6B31, as well as other Colt-Speed equipped vehicles. We will publish dyno sheets from Colt-Speed Japan; we apologize for not doing this sooner.

In the ‘News’ section on the Colt-Speed Canada website, we did publish results of a lightly modified Outlander at Shannonville racetrack. As soon as the snow clears, Colt-Speed Canada will be returning there to post new numbers with the decked-out Colt-Speed Canada Outlander.

Colt-Speed Canada will at that time make a statement like”…this is for reference only. Results may vary. No guarantees of a certain % increase are made, and we do not promote racing on public roads yadda yadda…” since, if we published, let’s say a 10% increase on the V6, and made the blanket promise: “10% guaranteed increase!!” and someone reported only a 7% increase with their 4B11, then that might seem a little disappointing, maybe?

As for “I don't think you have any buyers on the Outlander section of this forum…” what is the intent with a comment like that? “Gee, the guy’s right! Let’s just pack it in…we’re so discouraged! Since everyone looks up to this guy as the omniscient source of info – we’re sunk!” Actually, we will continue to provide a premium product to a niche market of enthusiasts. It’s kind of like a religion – not for everyone.

In the meantime, if anyone wishes to refrain from purchasing Colt-Speed products until the time of these graphs and comparison charts being published, then so be it. This would be reasonable. Colt-Speed is new to Canada, and our main objective is to make Canadians aware of our presence, not ram product down people’s throats. No doubt our passion for Mitsubishi vehicles and Colt-Speed products is evident. We sincerely apologize if we have offended anyone.

We humbly thank all forum members for their patience while we continuously try to improve and make additions to our website and services, and while we gather and publish data for your consideration.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 AM

Me asking whether it was possible to lower a car by cutting the coil springs, in another thread, somehow links back to you "schooling" something in this one?

Or, how about this. Instead of simply reading the evidence I posted, the thread link, ah hem, which says nothing about parts for an RVR, you come back here rambling about not being able to find rebranded Whiteline RVR parts. Well duh! No one said such a thing! More stuff out of thin air you pull.

I cannot keep up with your zig zagging arguments. Sounds like I've gotten under your skin well enough as is. I'll leave you be.

So long. Farewell.

Peace!

Last edited by Matt_M; 01-20-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius
RAMON-

You make a generalized statement about bashing not being present when in fact others posting in this thread have clearly stated there WAS bashing earlier. Since there are numerous posts that I have cleared out, you obviously don't see the bashing as I am not allowing it.

Now should you wish to further school ME on what bashing and opinion are, feel free to try BUT OPINION does not degrade, demean, or otherwise insult a person and or company in any way shape or form especially in a public forum.

You all seem to think that this site stays up for your use for free. Hate to burst your bubbles though, without the sponsors on these forums, there would be no forum at all. Web hosting is not free, the software used to operate these boards is not free, the themes used for these board are not free, and the development and implementation of new features is not free. So should you want to keep bashing and insulting the sponsors, you might as well start looking for a new forum to destroy.
You're absolutely right without supporting vendors a quality forum will not survive. However don't be so quick to forget that without the actual members there is no site and no reason for supporting vendors to, well, support you. Censoring us with such a strict definition of "bashing" may turn some members away to competing sites. In no way am I telling you how to run your site, I'm simply offering a logical opinion.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 PM

just bought and installed the tower bar and rear cross member support for my v6 outlander.

and...

it is awesome!

truck feels so stable on the highway and when cornering fast.

glad to have Colt Speed in North America. Finally.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by cw6_hannya
just bought and installed the tower bar and rear cross member support for my v6 outlander.

and...

it is awesome!

Wow quite the promotor of Colt...2 posts in different threads already!

Any pics of the Install?

If not, wierd how you just joined the forum today and you already made 2 posts praising Colt Products. Funny thing is each post is the exact same...

C'mon man...come up with some real FAKE posts at least. Way toooo transparent Colt-Speed...

Hilarious...

Last edited by ryandlor; 04-06-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by cw6_hannya

and...

it is awesome!

post pictures to prove it! where is your signature?
are you sure this is not a placebo effect of overspending on something that the outlander doesn't need? i smell something fishy here...

ow! by the way, if you put install the Colt Speed engine cover and emblems, you will have at least 20hp gain!

Quick Reply: Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America