Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance aftermarket components for Mitsubishi available in North America

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Guys don't drag it on we don't need these guys and their prices to get what we want.

Talk to RPW. They have race headers that will work on the Outlander Sport, and an air intake between 2 & 3 hundred dollars.

RPW can also flash the ECUs on our vehicles for stronger air/fuel maps. That will do far more than some polished carbon under your hood ever will.

Tell RPW you are interested in an email for parts for the Sport, because they can make it happen.

Who is RPW?

I would love more info for my 2008 outlander.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:28 AM

I will refuse to buy anything from this company at those prices. I have 25 years of modding cars behind me, and the prices they charge for an intake is just asinine. I don't care if it's got a 'carbon fiber' heat shield. The short ram intake is still drawing air in from a hot engine compartment when driven from a dead stop. When you get rolling and air vents through the engine compartment, the average driver will never even need a heat shield.. I have bought several top shelf intake systems over the years and never paid close to that. Fujita, AEM, Weapon R, AEM.... Especially for a short ram intake.
Im looking for a North American vendor with reasonable prices.

There isn't even a full pic of the exhaust kit, or hardware etc. Just a blurry up close shot of a muffler. No sound clips, dynos etc. And what exactly am I getting?? Is this 1220 $ for just an exhaust, or is it a true cat back system?

If you are going to charge this much for parts, you need to put more work into marketing them. I will just mod my air box on my own and have a custom axle back made. And yes, I can tune MAF tables and AFR etc.

Last edited by Darkstar; 12-07-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:23 AM

Nice rant buddy, but this has already been covered many times in this very thread, even on the first page. Read post 5 for the company's response. I don't know how they are still in business, but basically it costs a lot to get stuff from Japan to Canada to USA.

Read through the rest of the thread for other tuning companies that sell parts for the Outlander. The 2.4L Outtie has exactly the same engine and engine bay layout as the Lancer GTS. Any of those parts should work like injen air intakes, etc.

Finally, why are all you people even trying to mod an SUV such as the Outlander? That is what really seems asanine to me. If you want to go fast, buy a sportscar.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by firstorbit84
Finally, why are all you people even trying to mod an SUV such as the Outlander? That is what really seems asanine to me. If you want to go fast, buy a sportscar.
First off, an intake and exhaust will not take anyone from 'slow' to 'fast'. We are talking about a couple simple bolt ons. I want it to breathe a bit more easy and free up the exhaust. Then re tune it. In this case I am modding for efficiency. I already have a 340 whp cobalt SS... As far as the Outlander I have the 3L S-AWC V6 BTW, 240HP, not the 2.4.

Last edited by Darkstar; 12-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Darkstar
As far as the Outlander I have the 3L S-AWC V6 BTW, 240HP, not the 2.4.
240HP? Stock is 230HP, what mod do you have, did you perform a dyno?

Last edited by Vadimus; 12-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM

I should probably just start a new thread, but I have been playing around with a MAf translator and K&N filter to make my own CAI and tune. I was able to find a cheap secondary airbox assembly. I also log with ODB2 logger. As for the exhaust, I will just get a local shop here that does mandrel bends to do it. I need to get the service manual to see how hard a header and downpipe would be. More for curiosity and winter boredom than anything.

There was an Evolander at the 2007 SEMA show which featured a factory supercharged 6B31. I guess Mistu must be asinine too.. Haha.
I would like to track down more on this engine. I am very new to this vehicle.

Last edited by Darkstar; 12-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:45 PM

Bashing or not bashing, I won't pay that kind of money either, good luck, I don't see them lasting long :-)

Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Lightbulb Looking for parts check me out guys ;)

www.durableoil.com We have many parts at decent pricing most come with two days UPS shipping or you can choose what you need.