Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Plugs at the bottom of the rear hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Default Plugs at the bottom of the rear hatch?

Hey all,

Wondering if a few of you could do me a favor? Lift up the rear tailgate and look on the bottom of it. There is the plastic "handle"...but are there plugs to the left and right of it or are there just weird looking holes?

I am asking because I got my vehicle rust checked (Krown) and a TON was leaking out from the bottom of the hatch. I lifted it up, and I see two weird shaped holes - and I am wondering if they forgot to put plugs back over them or if there are just supposed to be open like that.

I they forgot, I need to call to see if I can track them down!

Thanks!
Dave

Old 02-03-2011, 01:43 PM

There is two rubber plugs in a pair of keyhole shaped holes on both side of the hatch door near the outer skin about 10" from either end.

These must be drain holes as the narrow part of the key hole is free from the round rubber plug.

They forgot to put them back.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
There is two rubber plugs in a pair of keyhole shaped holes on both side of the hatch door near the outer skin about 10" from either end.

These must be drain holes as the narrow part of the key hole is free from the round rubber plug.

They forgot to put them back.

Hey man,

thanks so much for doing that! What you describe is what I have. I thought maybe since there is that little "narrow part of the keyhole" that is open, that there as a larger cover or rubber plug that covered everything...

Not sure why they would spray in there since it just runs out like nothing!!

Thanks again!