Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Poor Fit & Finish? Resale Value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by FAUEE
A lot of people give Mitsu a lot of guff on their quality and interior. The Outlander has quite good interior quality I've found, much better than any comparable domestics, if not quite as good as something German or some of the best Japanese vehicles.

Resale values suck on everything not Toyota or Honda, Hyundai/Kia are getting better with it as well.

As an aside, I don't think Mitsubishi does as much advertising with car mags, and the car mags tend to come up with some pretty ridiculous claims about poor quality interiors on Mitsus. I tend to lump it into the realization that carmags give good reviews to the guys that spend the most money with them. A review of the new Caddy SRX vs the RX350 comes to mind where the RX350 was touted as better in every category, both subjective and objective, but at the end the proclaimed the SRX the victor because of its styling, lol. Car mag reviews are most useful as ways to waste a few minutes to be totally honest.
Car Mags and evaluator are just the same as politicians they push for safe pre conceived idea so they cannot be blamed for their opinions.
Bring on more interior and dash board bling and the car become better automatically. They are NOT interested in technology unless it's made by Apple (fan boy).

I prefer a car I can drive to hell and back safely to a car that make me feel like a super hero inside because of the decor and the leather.

For the resale value it is driven by the same evaluating idiots telling the unknowing what to like.

I had a Honda and it was crap. I had two Neon and they where much better, basically bullet proof.

If the Honda and Toyota where that good there would be no maintenance bay at the dealers. Their owners just lie or at least don't tell all the truth, just the convenient one.