Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Radio power harness (no power) 2014 Outlander ES

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:50 PM
Exclamation Radio power harness (no power) 2014 Outlander ES

Just gave up trying to find out why my radio harness is dead accessory and constant power it seems.

I was installing a new aftermarket stereo with MIT-03 adapter, I must have touched a cable somewhere becasue I lost power to the stereo.

Thinking it must just be a fuse I ruled that out first, no fusees are blown (cabin or engine bay).

If i disconnect the earth and reconnect I get power for 1 second, enough to light up the buttons on the radio, then nothing, I also have a dash cam tied in to the accessory and constant power on the harness, this is also dead.

Has anyone experienced this before, I'm at a loss and starting to think I have a more serious issue like canbus / ETACS issue?

Cheers

Old 05-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by djorgio
Just gave up trying to find out why my radio harness is dead accessory and constant power it seems.

I was installing a new aftermarket stereo with MIT-03 adapter, I must have touched a cable somewhere becasue I lost power to the stereo.

Thinking it must just be a fuse I ruled that out first, no fusees are blown (cabin or engine bay).

If i disconnect the earth and reconnect I get power for 1 second, enough to light up the buttons on the radio, then nothing, I also have a dash cam tied in to the accessory and constant power on the harness, this is also dead.

Has anyone experienced this before, I'm at a loss and starting to think I have a more serious issue like canbus / ETACS issue?

Cheers
Further testing has not revealed anything new, the harness is dead, the radio itself is ok, (I have 3 that work on a bench)

Double checked all standard fuses, I fell like im missing something obvious or I need to get to a dealer to check the ECU/ETACS (which id rather not do)

Cheers