Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Recently bought an '07 LS...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Default Recently bought an '07 LS...

I'm in San Diego, CA and I'm taking it in for the 30K checkup. It has the 3.0 PZEV engine, RF Stereo w/o NAV or BT, & Automatic tranny.
I have been doing some reading on this forum and it has come to my attention that there are some prevailing issues that I'd like to bring to the dealer's attention.

I have experienced the anit lock self test, but not the wheel bearing clunk that I have read about. Is this something that falls into a certain VIN # sequence or does it eventually effect all Outies?

Next we are having issues with the RF Stereo fading in and out, and the dealer is already telling me over the phone that it is just the speed/volume control. My speed/volume control has been off since I purchased the vehicle. It still fades in and out. Are there any specific bulletins that I can reference? From what I've gathered the only fix is to replace the stereo.

We aren't having any acceleration issues so I don't want then to do any reprogramming on my PCM.

These seem to be the most talked about issues. Is there anything else that anyone recommend that I bring to the dealers attention while I'm there?