Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Retrofit 2010 FUSE system to 2009 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
nope, I have the 2007-2009 series MMCS.

I worked with mitsubishi for a couple hours as they reviewed everything and the architechure (chipset) of the 2010 is completely different. Also take into the account that the navigation unit on 2010 utilizes software to control the new bluetooth module.

I thought I made a thread about it already but I guess not.
OK, thanks a lot of for Your very nice explanation but I'm not too happy. I Understand, so we have no chance for USB in 2007 MMCS ? Diagram of Renesans SH7770 shows USB capabilities:

Can we do something with that very strange miniDIN socket on back side of MMCS then?

Last edited by WiValdiBB; 11-07-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by WiValdiBB
OK, thanks a lot of for Your very nice explanation but I'm not too happy. I Understand, so we have no chance for USB in 2007 MMCS ? Diagram of Renesans SH7770 shows USB capabilities. Can we do something with that very strange miniDIN socket on back side of MMCS then?
would require massive coding and reprogramming that so far we have not had anyone step up to the plate that can do.

Even if you copied over the N04 2010 MMCS firmware it would take massive amounts of hacking to try to get it to work with the different drivers that support the hardware.

Its a complete loss on the MMCS 2007 to work with the 2010s features. The USB port is likely a service port that mitsu uses.

btw, the russian that got the bluetooth to "work" in a 2010 with 2007 mmcs, likely used a 2007 bluetooth module.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 AM

would require massive coding and reprogramming that so far we have not had anyone step up to the plate that can do.

Even if you copied over the N04 2010 MMCS firmware it would take massive amounts of hacking to try to get it to work with the different drivers that support the hardware.

Its a complete loss on the MMCS 2007 to work with the 2010s features. The USB port is likely a service port that mitsu uses.

btw, the russian that got the bluetooth to "work" in a 2010 with 2007 mmcs, likely used a 2007 bluetooth module.
Yes, I understand, no chance
Can someone explain which way we can use that strange miniDIN connector ?

Is it comunication port ? For ?
I've found a lot of suggestion about iPOD connector? Is that really?
I need more comfortable input of media to MMCS, I'm really dissatisfied with MMCS unit. I've got it with a car, but I don't want anymore such a stupid factory NAVI in my life: no USB, no iPOD, no A2DP Bluetoth, no SD slot, no copy MP3 to HDD, Video AUX and DVD blocked in Motion, audioCD ripped into unrecognized RiFF format, not mp3 or wma, no open WINDOWS CE.
Too many no

Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM

I'm really dissatisfied with MMCS unit. I've got it with a car, but I don't want anymore such a stupid factory NAVI in my life: no USB, no iPOD, no A2DP Bluetoth, no SD slot, no copy MP3 to HDD, Video AUX and DVD blocked in Motion, audioCD ripped into unrecognized RiFF format, not mp3 or wma, no open WINDOWS CE.
Too many no

Most often those connections were for multi CD changers in the back i believe.

lol, Time to get rid of last years model and step up to 2010 to get some of those features. Remember that Mitsubishi is the best out of the auto manufacturers and others companies dont give their customers as much with such ease of use. Mitsu won awards for it.
Yes aftermarket solutions can do a bit better. But thats why its aftermarket.

and no units are supposed to do video in motion ~> legal issues.
MP3 ~> HD, ~> legal issues
RiFF format ~> legal issues
Windows CE ~> cost to license and then legal issues.

all in all your looking at a unit that instead of costing 2k would be more like 4k to produce. And thus as a company, non profitable in volume.

2010 MMCS ~>
fuse bluetooth A2dp bluetooth support,
USB host and mass storage support.
USB Ipod support.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 AM

What about it:
http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA...modelId=100042

Could work in our 07-09 Outies?

Attached Thumbnails Retrofit 2010 FUSE system to 2009 Outlander-fuse-system.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
What about it:
http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA...modelId=100042

Could work in our 07-09 Outies?

Neg, Tried already.

Uses more connections than the 07-09 has.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 AM

We have to do everything what's possible with 07-09 units.
I can't accept crazy Mitsubishi prices and there is no answer for me to exchange unit to 2010.
Can anyone help me with diagram of 07-09 MMCS ?
Even 2010 ?
MMCS diagram, not connection diagrams !!! Please, help me,
maybe I can help us

Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 AM

So if you have a 2007 mod car, with an 2010 model MMCS you only need to change the bluetooth unit to have the USB features working?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 AM

We have to do everything what's possible with 07-09 units.
I can't accept crazy Mitsubishi prices and there is no answer for me to exchange unit to 2010.
Can anyone help me with diagram of 07-09 MMCS ?
Even 2010 ?
MMCS diagram, not connection diagrams !!! Please, help me,
maybe I can help us
LoL, you full of fire and spit rearing to go!

your answer isnt in the diagram of either system. its in the programming. remember that the Fuse bluetooth module is like... a Printer. the MMCS is a computer.
The computer still needs the drivers to support the printer and until you can program that into the 07MMCS you wont get anywhere.

Originally Posted by Ceram
So if you have a 2007 mod car, with an 2010 model MMCS you only need to change the bluetooth unit to have the USB features working?
neg, also need a can box, controller box. model number is in post three of this thread.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM

LoL, you full of fire and spit rearing to go!

your answer isnt in the diagram of either system. its in the programming. remember that the Fuse bluetooth module is like... a Printer. the MMCS is a computer.
The computer still needs the drivers to support the printer and until you can program that into the 07MMCS you wont get anywhere.
I know, I'm working in electronic stuff long time, modern uP electronics always need some software, that's true. I would like to investigate what is utlity of miniDIN socket. I want connect something to MMCS more inteligence way then AUX, without Video in Motion
I'm still looking for 50.xx software for EM units. Can someone share us? What are differencies between 42.xx ? Really interesting, I hope firmware of MMCS can change some things to better.
Hardware investigating can give us some ideas about possibilities of MMCS units too. MMCS Diagrams ?

Quick Reply: Retrofit 2010 FUSE system to 2009 Outlander