Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Retrofit 2010 FUSE system to 2009 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Islander
Sorry I have not been around for a while. Was a little distracted by the birth of my first kid.
Congrats!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM

any updates on this..

Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 PM

...sounds like you are a group of well informed Outlander owners...My 2010 has the rockford fosgate system and the bluetooth, but I did not go for the nav system. I can't get my ipod (or any other MP3 player) to work on the thing (it is stuck on "ipod load" for over 10 min).
I'm thinking that there's some firmware download that I need, but I can't find any info on that...
The dealership has been non-responsive so far (they've had a week).
If any of you have any ideas, let me know.
Also, as for the USB connection; it's nothing snazzy--just a plug in the center storage console. I'd be just as happy with a loose wire in there, or even a loose wire in the back of the center console (in front of the shifter). If you found a dummy switch or button that you could drill out (a place for fog lights or heated seats or something), that would make the install appear clean, and if you messed it up or changed your mind, you could just buy another dummy to replace your mistake.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by MassMitsu
...sounds like you are a group of well informed Outlander owners...My 2010 has the rockford fosgate system and the bluetooth, but I did not go for the nav system. I can't get my ipod (or any other MP3 player) to work on the thing (it is stuck on "ipod load" for over 10 min).
I'm thinking that there's some firmware download that I need, but I can't find any info on that...
The dealership has been non-responsive so far (they've had a week).
If any of you have any ideas, let me know.

You would think after you posted in this thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...649#post256649
and this thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...657#post256657
and this thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...714#post256714

and in this thread...you would actually try some of the suggestions people have provided. It's not going to start magically working just by itself, you need to take some action on your part to get it to work. Please stop spamming the board with the exact same question..you have a topic and nobody has replied. Chances are most of the active members here have seen it and haven't replied because they don't have a similar issue.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Islander
If Otaku is willing to take a crack at it, more power to him. I have all the wiring diagrams (shop DVDs) for the 09 and 10 model. but I'm having a hard time understanding the wiring. I'm willing to try and get them to him if he wants to tackle any part of this....
Hello, late but congartulations our baby is coming soon too I'm really interesting to bulit FUSE in my 07 Outi with EU MMCS. May You uplod or send me copy of DVD with diagrams ? I'm workng with electronic hard/software. I have another MMCS on a table just for experiments, still didn't recognize some connections.
May You help me? Maybe I will help us

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 AM

ill let you guys know how it goes in a week.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
ill let you guys know how it goes in a week.
I'm waiting for any help. Thanks a lot of

Old 06-19-2010, 09:49 AM

Yea, I have an 2009 Lancer GTS MMCS that I am moving over to a 2010 outlander with fuse. If all they do is update the MMCS to work with fuse that will help answer the question.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
Yea, I have an 2009 Lancer GTS MMCS that I am moving over to a 2010 outlander with fuse. If all they do is update the MMCS to work with fuse that will help answer the question.
K. Fail.

Just got it installed. Everything works except for the bluetooth and usb. They did not perform a firmware update. He mentioned compatibility with the can box but had no solution. So the navi works perfect but the goodies don't

My logic says that my car has the newer controller but the issue is that the fware does not recognize it. So older cars would have to upgrade to that unit And upgrade the firmware is my GUEss.

So current issue is trying to get a copy of the 010 mmcs fware and see if its possible to clone onto the 09 mmcs.
Sbtw, the bluetooth and usb are both active, its just the mmcs does not register them.

The mmcs is a bit hotter. I can feel a temp on the front bezel and the headunit is def toasty behind the display.the maxxxxx volume I run in the outlander is 32, in my lancer id crank it to 45.

Uggggg sux!

Congrats on the liddle one! Mine arrives 101010, hence the purchase of my outie

Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM

There is no need for MMCS (Nav) to get FUSE. It is separate from MMCS but adds extra functionality to it if you have it.

Quick Reply: Retrofit 2010 FUSE system to 2009 Outlander