Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Seperate Forum For Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 PM

In Australia as you most likely know they are called ASX and are not in any way related to the Outlander

ASX - Mitsubishi Australia

Yes, a new thread for the ASX/Mitsubishi Sports is a must!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM

agreed keep it alive, very curious with the claimed gas mileage this thing is supposed to get

Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 AM

i believe theyre also called the RVR in japan. and yeah, Im curious about the MPGs as well. the girl uses it as her DD though, so i dont know how heavy her foot gets when im not in the car!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM

yes i would also like a separate thread for the outlander sport would make it much easier and would only make sense to do soo. our 2011 outlander sport gets an averge of 23 or 24 mpg on the high aourn home. we drove it to florida and i saw between 27 and 28. but its the 4wd model and i know the fwd is advertised as 30 or more mpg i think this is were people get confused on their mileage

Old 01-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by cbo_zurlz
so whens this separate forum going up? lol. sorry I'm new here, the girl and i just got home from buying our brand new 2011 outlander sport.
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum

I'm not sure who would even set up the new forum - I know that when I joined almost a year ago, people were talking about wanting a new section for the Outlander Sport. But nothing really came of it. I even PM'd a moderator who was all for creating a new secton as well.

Here's the old thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...-forums-38634/

Old 01-30-2012, 01:59 PM

I'm new to the forum as well and I have a 2005 Outty AWD with manual transmission. I'm excited to see this forum but coming from a big large forum when I owned my VW Jetta, this forum seems to be lame and not a whole lot of activity going on.

Can we also have a separate forum for my Outty generation (03-06)?

I'll be posting some photos soon but I'm not sure if I should be posting it to the new members thread or the Outlander forum. I'm a little confused...

Heres a couple of old pics of my MK4 Jetta. Cant wait to start doing some mods but the at same time keep mu Outty looking like OEM.

Name:  IMG056-1.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  172.8 KB
Name:  IMG058-1.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  97.0 KB

Last edited by swoosh0217; 01-30-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by leo167
Agree!! Outlander City..... cause it sure don't get the advertised Highway mileage
I'm averaging over 29 MPG through the first six months of ownership.

80 % Hwy 20% City SE FWD.

Would prefer ASX or RVR on the back, but City would work for me.

Mike

Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Regarding mileage - it varies wildly depending on where you live. Around my place, it is fairly low because of the hills and freeways (no highways around here).

But I drove my car to the midwest once and got more than advertised numbers there (30+). They have tons of highways with lower speed limits, and the terrain is FLAT. This car needs to stay around 50mph to get good mileage (I don't like that at all, since the traffic on my local freeways go 65mph average).

On the way there, the mileage was around 23-26 on the freeway (loaded car, 70-80 mph). The kind of gas makes a lot of difference also. I filled up some bad gas once from a midwest pump (17% ethanol - I noticed it only after I was done filling up) and that tank gave me just 20.5mpg.

That was a 5 to 6 mpg increase just on a change of location. Same car, same driver but a lot of difference in mpg.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by vwchop
yes i would also like a separate thread for the outlander sport would make it much easier and would only make sense to do soo. our 2011 outlander sport gets an averge of 23 or 24 mpg on the high aourn home. we drove it to florida and i saw between 27 and 28. but its the 4wd model and i know the fwd is advertised as 30 or more mpg i think this is were people get confused on their mileage
I have the AWD that claims 29 Highway....my attempt to be on the eco side coming from 250 HP + vehicles and still have the option to not dig myself out manually in a snow storm ..
the highest I've seen was 26, (during break-in) I do more city driving than highway and get 19-20 like clock work,,but highway tops out at 22 even after a 40-50 mile stretch,, do I have to drive the eastern seaboard to see 26+ mpg again
again I'm a noob at this economy thing, so not sure if I'm doing it right, having a bit of a hard time adjusting, but honestly if I have to ease up on throttle even more, might as well ride my bicycle
Thinking I made a bad move, last car had double HP and avg. 21 mpg highway, was hoping to see at least 25 highway with this one... consistantly not just a one time thing

Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM

I'm in for a Sport/RVR/ASX Sub forum

Quick Reply: Seperate Forum For Outlander Sport