Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Speed sensor retaining clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Question Speed sensor retaining clip

Hi everyone. My father has a 2011 RVR/Outlander Sport. The left rear speed sensor retaining clip has recently corroded enough that the speed sensor plug comes loose from the wheel hub. My local mechanic (110% trustworthy) tried ordering a new clip, without luck. He even ordered a new wheel bearing, thinking that a new one would be included. No luck. Nobody he deals with has any information on this thing. I have searched quite a bit on the internet, even Mitsubishi's own parts site...nothing. Can anybody here help us out? I don't want to see him get ripped off at the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mtwallet4now; 07-27-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-30-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mtwallet4now
Hi everyone. My father has a 2011 RVR/Outlander Sport. The left rear speed sensor retaining clip has recently corroded enough that the speed sensor plug comes loose from the wheel hub. My local mechanic (110% trustworthy) tried ordering a new clip, without luck. He even ordered a new wheel bearing, thinking that a new one would be included. No luck. Nobody he deals with has any information on this thing. I have searched quite a bit on the internet, even Mitsubishi's own parts site...nothing. Can anybody here help us out? I don't want to see him get ripped off at the dealer. Thanks in advance.
http://oemmitsubishiparts.com/2007-mitsubishi-outlander-xls-gas_3.0_v_6-transaxle_automatic_trans_speeds-brakes-anti_lock_brakes-abs_sensor_4670A584-item/

#10?

I pulled my left rear years ago....thought retaining mechanism was part of the sensor...

Old 07-31-2017, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the reply ccernst. Turns out that it is, sort of. It's actually part of the wheel bearing assembly, but only on 4wd models 2011+.
Being in Canada, we don't have access to a large selection of parts manufacturers, or retailers with comprehensive websites. Some of those websites have the option of ordering for an RVR (Canadian) OR an Outlander Sport (American). On some of those websites the RVR only has the 2wd bearing listed (Which is the bearing my mechanic received). However if you look for the Outlander Sport bearing, you get completely different results. Including the 4wd, retainer clip included model.
Just to make life interesting, Dad contacted the dealer, and was told that the bearings are actually covered under warranty. If all goes well, he'll be driving home with 2 new bearings on Thursday...AT NO COST! Fingers crossed.

For reference: Beck Arnley bearings. Incorrect 051-6347 Correct 051-6426 (Sorry I don't have real links. I'm computer illiterate)