Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Sport, vent control stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Default Sport, vent control stuck

I noticed a while back that the air would be coming out of the floor when I had the vents set to the chest level only. After a while, I figured out that the **** was a half position off. IE, if I wanted floor only, I would have to be in between floor and floor-chest. Ok well then the stupid thing started sticking. I wanted chest vents and I could not get the air to come out there, unless I moved the **** back and forward until the position flap or sharer it is became unstuck, then the air would flow. Well now not even that works. I can only get a/c on the floor or defrost, nothing comes out at chest level no matter where the **** is.

I am a car guy, and I hate to say it, but so far this '11 Sport is coming off as a piece of crap to me. Everywhere I look something was done cheaply, now stuff is not working, I hate to offend you guys but I don't think I'll buy mitsu again. I should have bought the Nissan Juke instead of this. At least nissan cares enough about the drive to give their customers some horsepower. That's where I stand at 7 months with the Sport. Not impressed!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Sorry to hear about the problem and no I'm not offended. The only suggestion I can make is take it back to the dealer to have it fixed. As far as horsepower goes I've heard that Mitsubishi has reprogrammed the Sport's engine and transmission computers to give it better acceleration for 2012. I don't know if it's possible to reprogram the 2011 models, but you could call Mitsubishi to ask.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM

I had this exact issue, and they replaced the heater case. Two day job.