Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Stock Mitsu Alarm on XLS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Default Stock Mitsu Alarm on XLS

Hey everyone!

Well, the outlander is my second car (Outie), my first was a tercel. So I was wonder, I own the XLS with Navi, so I get the fast key. I dont understand how does the alarm work =(

Questions
- When I lock my doors, and walk away. Someone random person try to open my door, does the alarm go off??

- When I lock my doors, and I have the remote in my pocket, it should open the doors automaticly if I open it again, right??

- For the panic button, why do I have to go close to my outie in-order for it to panic. Shouldn't it go off if I am really far away as well. Is this the car's problem, or it is my battery on my remote's problem.??

Thanks every! My first crappy tercel nvr have an alarm, so this is my first dealing with one. I dont want to go back tomy dealer, cuz I have a really big issue with the manger and the salesperson after the purchase.

Shorty-Rider =D

Old 12-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Default RE: Stock Mitsu Alarm on XLS

First of all the manual tells you all of this info.... And if you have the MMCS you can make changes pretty easily under the SET button.

-When you lock your doors and walk away, it doesnt matter if someone tries to open the door, they dont have the FAST key,whichhas to be within a close distance (like 1 foot).

-I'm pretty sure their is a timer for when you lock the doors before you can unlock it with just touching the handle with the remote in pocket. This is for those accidental unlocks...

-Panic button, I dont know about if the doors are open. I just know that you have to hold the button down for a few seconds before it will go off. They might of designed the panic to not go off if a key is in the ignition or if a door is open.

The outtie doesnt technically have a alarm by the way. Its a anti-theft device with an immobilizer. About the same, but different. And alarms usually have shock sensors.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM

True, I should try to manual too.

So to sum it up!
1) Outiewont go off if some random guy with no Fast Key tries to open the door. Nothing will happen, correct?

2) Panic Key! My question was, for example, Im in a huge parking lot, and Im at the enterace, and park my outie in the lot. If I push the panic key, my outie's alarm should go off right??

Well, the problem right now is that it wont go off. I need to stand really close to the outie inorder for it to go off....

Thanks

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 PM

I tried the test they suggest in the book

1 Open Driver window
2 Lock doors
3 have someone close with fob to disarm alarm
4 reach in and open door from inside handle..
5 results in Beeping (cant recall if horn went off) and lites flashing
6 Other person hits unlock or lock to disarm alarm

Old

Old 12-23-2007, 09:24 PM

Book as in the manual, correct.

So you un-do the window, lock doors. Someone tries to unlock the doors by reaching inside...Result in beeping?

Old 12-24-2007, 02:47 PM

will recheck

Old

Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 AM

Oh I get ya,

Ok, Leave window up...
Brake window and reach for handle to open..

I was just trying to save you tke expense..

Hehe
Merry Christmas

Old

Old 12-26-2007, 02:41 PM

i have a nother question about that alarm.
what appen if, ( i have the fast key ),
what appen if i go in my car, put the car at ON, like to put music on, accesory.
what appen if im not arround, and somebody juste start my car and go away ??

Old 12-26-2007, 05:45 PM

If you turned the key past "Lock" say yo "Accesory" like you said, then leave with the FAST key, then yes, someone can hop in, turn it to "Start" and away they go. Once they turn the key to "Off" again, they won't be able to turn it on anymore.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:41 PM

i think that will be more smart if they do something that you cant go forward witout the key in. you are smart you stop somewhere, you have your key in your coat. You start the car, let the coat somewhere, go for a ride, stop the car, oups, i dont have my key.
lol