Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Strange loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Default RE: Strange loss of Power

I think they're talking about the EU turbo diesels, not the gasoline engines we have in the US.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:25 AM
ash

The car is only being looked at this morning (Thursday). The Service Centre have been told by Mitsubishi that it is a known problem and the solution is to make sure the pipe is very clean and dry when it goes back on, use a two pack adhesive and two jubilee clips to keep it in place.

Hopefully the car will be ready later on this morning.

The hire car was only for 48 hours and when I was originally told I could have it, I was also told that if the hire needed to be extended the service centre could authorise this. Well that turns out not to be the case. They have to ask Mitsubishi for an extension and in my case for a reason I don't know the extension was refused and so I will be liable for the extra days car hire.

I'm a bit annoyed that a problem that is known about is now leaving me out of pocket. I think a strong letter will be going off to the Colt Car Company Limited.

Just had a phone call while writing this to say the car is ready. They have done what I said above and took the car for a test drive up some good hills to put a strain on the pipe and everything seems okay. Fingers crossed.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 AM
ash

Bit of an update. Picked the car up yesterday, drove it nice and carefully, everything seemed fine. This morning was heading out to drive about 10 miles to view some properties and three miles in the pipe came off again. Managed to nurse it back to the service centre who had it before and left it with them. Just put a call through to the Mitsubishi Service Centre and they are going to call me back.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:44 PM

As I stated earlier, my problem was resolved only by the dealer fitting a new replacement hose. Don't know about the adhesive though, I think I was the first to have had this problem according to the dealer. Apart from yours I have only heard of one other with a similar problem. Hope yours gets sorted soon !!
Ron

Old 08-24-2008, 04:15 AM
ash

The Service Centre have ordered a new pipe, but it wont be here until Tuesday.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 AM
ash

New hose was fitted on Tuesday, so went another three days without the car. Had to use my bike, which was fine until it decided to burn the starter motor out after a total of just 154 miles on the clock as well!

Anyway only drove to and from work so far, but it seems okay. Something like this does not a bit of confidence off and I think I will be wondering when it will next blow off - hopefully it wont.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM

Not been your week has it? hope evrything is OK now, mine has been fine since new pipe fitted, all I wish now is that the bluetooth did not disconnect itself from my fone each time I turn the ignition off ! Do you have same trouble?