Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Transmission "Clunk" Noise Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moamed76
I just got a new 2018 mitsu outlander gt

when i start the car and immediately change to reverse i get this loud scary clunk.

did you get your problem diagnosed?
i will go to dealer and hope the problem can be produced while i am at his place

My 2016 makes a "thung" noise when I first turn the steering wheel after a cold start. I suspect it might either be a noisy steering pump or possibly some air in the steering lines?

Additionally, at least one of the brake pad sets appears to be making a click noise when I got from reverse to forward. This could be due to a lose caliper pad spring clip. Not sure if these could be similar to what you're experiencing.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Default Transmission clunk noise

Hey all,

I have similar issue with my outlander 2007 2WD and I believe I'm in the right place where I can learn fast on possible solution

My outlander start acting funny today. Once I turn on and start driving, everything goes normal from gear 1- 3, once it changes to 4 it jumped to 5 immediately even if you're driving on low speed. Now from gear 5 it comes back to 3 and stuck there until I turn off ignition and turn on again.

I have tried switching the four relays, same issues keep persisting. Anyone here with possible solution should please help.

Regards.

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
Hey all, I know there is another thread just recently with the same transmission clunk noise, but I don't want to hijack that thread since my problem is a little different. I also did search, but again my problem might be different.

One time, it happen to be when parked outside at about 0 outside, put the car into drive, then I just remember I had to go back to get something, so put it into park. But while going from drive, to reverse, then park, at the reverse gear, it made a loud clunk noise. Scary!

Just today, after a 30 min drive, car is hot, but weather is cold. Reversing into a spot, and this time, I actually slowing from reverse gear, moving into park gear, slowly...In between reverse and park, it also made a loud clunk noise.

After both these situation, car drives normal, all gears are good. No engine light too.

Anyone know the problem, is it the same frozen transmission relay?

This should be cover by warranty correct?

If anyone have done this warranty, can you please give me some information that I can print out and show to my dealer.

Thanks ALL!