Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Troubles with beep on Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Default Troubles with beep on Navigation

Is anyone else having troubles getting the 'Beep' to stay off on their Navigation screen?

I set mine to off (zero) and 5 out of 10 times it comes back on to it's default... Other times it will stay off...all my other display and system settings stay, the colors and such... it is just the stupid screen beep that seems to be affected.

I talked to the dealer and they are clueless, and I am sure their first response will be a hard reset and thus loosing all my settings... I wouldrather not loose all my settings on a dealer 'guess'

So I wanted to make sure this was not a known issue before I tried that.

It is under the SET button, Other, then system beep. I believe it defaults to '2'

I have to say this is one of the worse navigation systems I have used... very much something I would have expected back in 2001... butfor 2007 it is very outdated.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Default RE: Troubles with beep on Navigation

I turned mine to 0 with no problems at all and it stays off. I love the navigation unit itself too. I cant say enough good things about it. You can change settings on which roads you prefer so if it takes you a way you dont agree with you can go to the settings and change it. What dont you like about it?

Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM
JMC

I set the beep to silent...and thenit comes back about the 4th or 5th time I start the engine. Weird....

Old 04-23-2007, 02:10 AM

Thought I'd chime in and say that I have an 08 Lancer GTS purchased 8 days ago, and I have this same problem: The beep setting always reverts to "2" after the car is switched off/on. Its going to the dealer tomorrow for some faulty wiring issues, and I'll ask them about it as well.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:27 AM

Recently I did a full reset of my navigation system and it did not help. This was through the service menu, so it was the same one the dealer would use. It blew out *all* my navigation settings. Mine still randomly decides to come back on. Rather aggravating. I will probably try the dealer, but I know their response will be the same befuddled response.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 AM

Good point ... I'd rather not have to lose all my navigation/music server settings while they're troubleshooting it just to have them come back and say "we can't fix it", so I probably won't mention it. Its more than likely a software bug that needs updated by whoever designed the MMCS software. I'm just kinda surprised that both the Outlander and Lancer have the same issue... you think they would have fixed it sometime between the two models.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:47 AM

I would mention it for sure.. just make sure they log it, just don't let them reset anything. That way it gets into the system so that corporate knows and can possibly send a fix down the line.

Let them know others you know have the same issue and have reset without any fix.

Oh and the master reset blows out everything on your hard disk as well, so everything you have uploaded is gone! [:-]

I did my reset for this, and while trying to troubleshoot my camera install, so it served another purpose.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:53 AM

I haven't turned mine off yet but I'll give it a try and see if the same issue crops up. If it'sa software issue, you'd think it would affect all Navs with the same version. Perhaps peeps can check and post their software version here (even though I presume everyone has the same).

Old 04-23-2007, 04:41 AM

Just checked mine and same issue with software version B. Seems that once the capacitors discharge after turning off vehicle (after about 15 seconds) the beep is reset to two. Turning vehicle off and then on prior to discharge maintains the setting. I can't tell if this is a software glitch or if it was intentional (although that would seem odd) andI haven't checked if the manual has anything to say.