Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TSB for 07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Default RE: TSB List for 07 Outlander?

When I took mine in for the throttle hesitation, they flashed to ECU but the mechanic said "it" wouldn't "let him" flash the TCU. My vehicle is an APR 07 build. Could it be that Mits had corrected part of this problem by Apr but not all of it and that is why the mechanic was not able to do the whole thing. Or......is it more likely that the mechanic just did something wrong?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM

I guess one way to find out is to ask them to document the TCM and ECM software version as displayed by the computer.As per TSB, they have to document that information on a sticker under the hood. After that you could compare with what is supposed to be from the TSB.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I will go in next Saturday to clarify this issue. I'm sure somethng has been done (right) since the throttle hesitation and the gear huntingare gone.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Got my Outie flashed today and what a difference it made. I had the combo flash done (I have a Dec '06 build date) and when I left the shop I noticed right off how different the shifting the throttle response was. Glad I got it done. Now to monitor the fuel mileage to see any changes.

Rob

Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 AM

anyone from the las vegas area? bought my 07xls last april and have my first visit to the dealer for the periodic inspection last oct20. asked them about the tsb and they doesn't seem to know. one of the guy there told me that my car should be left for a day if i want them to fix the tsb when i thought as to from what i read from here that it would only take an hour to reprogram/fix it. that lead me to think that he or they doesn't know how. by the way it's the centinial people's mitsubishi. for those from las vegas, from what dealer did you have your outie's tsb fixed? PLEASE HELP i have another appointment this friday beacause the periodic inspection still flashes. the mmcs warning doesn't anymore because the guy from the dealer erased it instead of updating.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 AM

i'm from Canada. is thsi TSB thing an issue in Canada. dont' they all ship from japan?

anyho.. how do i check the ship built date?
i guess i'll do the print out and book an appointment regardless.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

You could check the manufacturing month on one of the labels on the door frame on the driver side.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:41 PM

since I had the dealer fix the throttle lag for the tsb from this
http://outlander.freeforums.org/tsb-...ation-t70.html

The mechanic did not put the sticker?

Also, looking at the TSB #, it isn't the same. Instead on my receipt the
TSB # is 08-55-002 REV
Help?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:48 PM

I have been reading this thread with great interest. First of all I am assuming that the throttle lag issue exists in Canada as well, but still have not read that the TSB exists for Canadian vehicles (my Outtie certainly has the lag - I am in Newfoundland). Also I would like to determine the effect of the fix on gas mileaga, as there are conflicting reports in this thread about decreases in mpg and increases in mpg after the fix. If someone can enlighten me on these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:42 PM

The TSB applies to the Canadian vehiclestoo. First I was under the impression that the f/e dropped a bit, butafter 7 monthsI don't think about it anymore. I'm OK with thenumbers I'm getting and I prefer the way the car drives after the upgrade.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:39 AM

Ok, the TSB on page 4 of this Post says it for2007 models prior to May 1, 2007 or June 1, 2007 depending on 4wd vs 2wd.Mybuild date is July 2007, but i still feel somepedal lag. I've bee trying to deal with it, but it's starting to bug me.

I haven't called my dealer yet to check it out, but do you think they will still be able to flash the ECM/TCM or is it a moot point to ask?

Quick Reply: TSB for 07 Outlander