Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Volume low on outlander 08

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Default Volume low on outlander 08

The volume on my Outlander'08 is low. The max volume is 45 but it doesn't seem to be the highest. rockford fosgate is supposed to be one of the best so I don't know what's wrong. Just bought the car used by the way. Also the navigation speaker volume is very very low. You can't hear the volume of the navigation when driving. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:40 PM

What do you mean it doesn't seem to be the highest?
How low is low?

Old 07-29-2015, 06:08 PM

The navigation volume has a separate control.

If I recall correctly, hit the menu button, select the navigation settings, you should be able to find a few settings that can adjust male/female voice, split screen, and voice volume.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by White92VR4
The navigation volume has a separate control.

If I recall correctly, hit the menu button, select the navigation settings, you should be able to find a few settings that can adjust male/female voice, split screen, and voice volume.
Yes I know, I have tried every setting there is on the mmcs but nothing seems to change, please help

Old 07-30-2015, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
What do you mean it doesn't seem to be the highest?
How low is low?
I owned a Passat'04 and the max volume on that car was so high you couldn't be in the car. In this outlander, the max volume seems to be very low compared to the passat. I have tried every setting there is but it didn't change anything. Like you would expect that the max volume on your car should be so loud that no one can be in it. That is not my case. If there is low, mid and high volume, my max volume would be mid. Hope I specified my sentence

Last edited by Outlander08; 07-30-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 AM

Max should be pretty loud on the Rockford system..

If you have already tried all the software settings you might want to check the cables in the back of the head unit are all secure and find the amp fuse and make sure it isn't blown.

If all of that looks good it could be the amp that's the problem...

Old 07-30-2015, 12:57 PM

I don't know if there might be a gain control on the amp, check that.

But i had the same problem on a beater forester i bought a few years ago. The idiot previous owner had an aftermarket radio, then reinstalled the factory radio before he sold it. The problem was he cut the factory harness instead of buying a $10 adapter. He screwed up the wiring when reinstalling, so once i sorted out that mess, the sound was as it should be.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM

I believe the AMP is controlled digitally over the CAN bus. I needed a special CAN bus adapter just to turn it on with my aftermarket system.

Fortunately looking at the wiring behind the stereo is very easy and should take less than 20 minutes even if you've never done it before.

Old 01-02-2024, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Outlander08
The volume on my Outlander'08 is low. The max volume is 45 but it doesn't seem to be the highest. rockford fosgate is supposed to be one of the best so I don't know what's wrong. Just bought the car used by the way. Also the navigation speaker volume is very very low. You can't hear the volume of the navigation when driving. Can anyone help? Thanks.
If I understand right, then you can view audio settings such as bass, treble, mid, punch and others when you click "SET" then you go to "Sound Control" after that you have 3 options, you should choose "Audio Control". There you can see "Punch Level","Fader","Bass","Mid","Treble" and at the very bottom is "speed compensated volume and EQ" which I advise you to turn on. Look at these settings and bring them up if they are lower than the line which designates the half of the sliders. I hope I understood right and hope it works.