Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Weird noise only @ 600-750 rpms. Outlander 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Default RE: Weird noise only @ 1600 rpm. Outlander 2007

What you should do while you hear the sound is take a stick and poke at things in the engine compartment (keep away from the surpentine belt obviously), wheel wells,and in the undercarraige until the sound goes away. It has to be something loose somewhere.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 AM

Trip to the Mits dealer next week.

Mits Dealer: "Good morning sir, how can we be of assistance?'

Me: "Wull I had this weird noise thang coming from the injun apartment an I was on one o'them internets and this crazy ol coot tol me to take a stick and start pokin round sum. Maybe he thought I had a pesky possum or sum utter varmint stuck in there. Well next thang I know there was a smokin and a hissin. Whatch thanks wrong wit it?"

Mits Dealer: "Well sir, I'm sorry to tell you but its sounds like you may have voided your warranty."

Me: "What's this there warranty you sayin cause I'm not some dum farm boy who gone and fell offer the truck yah know!"

Mits Dealer: "Uhhm right. Actually forget about the warranty - let's see if we have a bigger stick around here."

Me: "Yee hawr, now yer talkin! I was thanking the stick was the prolem all long."

Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 AM

That was brutal rdenis.lol.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: rdenis

Trip to the Mits dealer next week.

Mits Dealer: "Good morning sir, how can we be of assistance?'

Me: "Wull I had this weird noise thang coming from the injun apartment an I was on one o'them internets and this crazy ol coot tol me to take a stick and start pokin round sum. Maybe he thought I had a pesky possum or sum utter varmint stuck in there. Well next thang I know there was a smokin and a hissin. Whatch thanks wrong wit it?"

Mits Dealer: "Well sir, I'm sorry to tell you but its sounds like you may have voided your warranty."

Me: "What's this there warranty you sayin cause I'm not some dum farm boy who gone and fell offer the truck yah know!"

Mits Dealer: "Uhhm right. Actually forget about the warranty - let's see if we have a bigger stick around here."

Me: "Yee hawr, now yer talkin! I was thanking the stick was the prolem all long."

I live out in the sticks and I couldn't have done that any better! Is there a english to redneck translator online somewhere? HAHAHAHA yeeeeee hawwrrrrrr

Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Hey now be nice....I know it is hokey, but it has worked for me in the past. I got the idea from a *ahem* Mits mechanic...so blah...

Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: rdenis
I need to do some more investigating now that I have heard your sound clips. How pronounced is the sound from inside the cabin with all your windows up?
You can hear it even with the windows up if you are near a wall or in a garage, drive thru for example.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Today I left my Outlander in the dealer . At first they didn't hear the noise but after a drive test the noise appeared very loud and they realized that it wasn't a normal sound, so, right now they must be figuring out what is the problem. I will post any news about what they found.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Good luck - hope its something insignificant!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Well... This was my experience with the dealer:

Yesterday they checked the Outlander and they couldn't reproduce the noise. So, the technical guy called me to specify how was the noise and when was happening because he couldn't reproduce it. We drove for 15 minutes the car and when we arrived again to the dealer the noise appeared and he listened to it clearly. He took the Outlander back to the shop and he told that he was going to call me when the car is ready. They called me TODAY and said that the Outlander is ready. For my surprise the service sheet said that my complaint wasn't show during tests so they closed the case. I spoke with the service manager that yesterdya the guy who was checking my car lisened the noise, that I also show him all the recordings that I made from the noise and he told me that I had to make a new appointment with an unique stupid face.[:@] I wanted him killed at that moment!!! I waited all this time for nothing?!?!? He told me that the verified all the "20 points", whatever" and all was working properly but they couldn't reproduce the sound that i described before. In conclusion: I had to took my car back since i was late for work and i returned the rented car, the outie still doing teh f***ing noise worst than ever and placed a new appoinment .

Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 PM

That is brutal - I went through a drive-through today again and specifically stopped and started so I could listen for the noise - I am sure the employees thought I was some kind of loony. I denfinitely noticed it again but I am still not postive it is the same issue as yours. I can't hear it with my windows up...yet. I am still trying to determine whether I believe I havean issue or not. I am leaning towards 'not' at the moment.

Quick Reply: Weird noise only @ 600-750 rpms. Outlander 2007