Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What Did You Do To Your Outlander Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Default What Did You Do To Your Outlander Today?

Post up & share your latest trip, activity, project, mishap, or whatever in your Outlander!

Yesterday I did the 30K service, including the transmission. Some details here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...e3/#post330719

Went paddling last week and tried out the new kayak carrier:
Name:  lAcEbOL.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  737.7 KB

Also mounted my roof box to make sure everything would function when carrying the boat:
Name:  Lh61aSX.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  503 Bytes
Name:  4CKI8t7.jpg
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Recently snagged an Inno locking board carrier for cheap off Amazon Warehouse. This one uses the T-slot attachment for the factory Mitsubishi (Thule) aerobars. Have only used it with 2 SUPs so far and it works great. The bottom board is 12'6" and the top board is 11'.

Name:  A3mmK8T.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  950.7 KB

Old 09-14-2020, 11:32 AM

What did I to to my Outlander today? I replaced it with a slightly used 2018 PHEV! I'm charging it for free at work, which covers my commute both ways. This car is really underrated by some reviewers, and they flat-out just get some things wrong about it. One said the rear seats didn't recline, which is incorrect. They just didn't know how to do it. Others get the PHEV performance wrong and don't know how to drive it with the inputs to get the most out of the electric.

It's loaded with features for the money: power folding mirrors, front-crash emergency braking, radar cruise control, heated steering wheel, and all the other standard Outlander options. Too bad Mitsubishi's US marketing is so absent, because they have a car here that could really compete. What other 4WD SUV can go 25 miles on electric only? Until now there was no competitor. Now there's the new RAV4, but with only 5,000 of them expected to be available in the US this year, there's no easy way to get one, and you'd pay nearly twice as much as you would for an Outlander.

FWIW, Mitsubishi is giving $7,000 rebates on remaining 2019 PHEVs. If you're trading in another Mitsubishi, they'll add $3,000 in additional credits on top of what the dealer gives for your trade. Add in still the $5800 federal tax credit and you could own one of these for under $25,000.

2018 PHEV GT

Old 09-14-2020, 03:10 PM

Not today, but Saturday, I came really, really close to trading my 2012 v6 in for a 2018 Subaru Outback. The wife didn't like the Subaru and they really low-balled my on the trade offer so I backed out of the deal. But, you know what? I don't feel bad about it. I love my Mitsubishi.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Good stuff, guys. I spent over 12 hours and did ~680 miles in mine on Saturday, which is the most I've done in a day. Left a little after 5:00 in the morning to go pick up a new boat then drove home.

Name:  fFb0iK5.jpg
Size:  870.4 KB

Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Michael King
Not today, but Saturday, I came really, really close to trading my 2012 v6 in for a 2018 Subaru Outback. The wife didn't like the Subaru and they really low-balled my on the trade offer so I backed out of the deal. But, you know what? I don't feel bad about it. I love my Mitsubishi.
If you're seriously considering a new car and are in the US, you should check out the deals on the 2019 PHEVs. They are incredible. $7000 instant rebate, and if you were to trade your 2012 you'd get $2000 loyalty and another $1000 in trade assistance. Plus whatever your trade is valued at. Plus a potential $5800 tax credit. At least take one for a test drive if you're remotely interested. Usually the dealers advertise their price including the manufacturer rebate, but not the other credits you'd have to qualify for. I was looking at a brand new GT PHEV listed at $30,500 (that was the price with the manufacturer rebates). Subtract another $3000 in loyalty/assist credits and $2000 for my well-worn 2007 and I was looking at $25,500, and still had the tax credit to apply as well.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:08 AM

That's a really good deal for the PHEV, but I am holding out for the 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander complete redesign!

Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by copyboy311
If you're seriously considering a new car and are in the US, you should check out the deals on the 2019 PHEVs. They are incredible. $7000 instant rebate, and if you were to trade your 2012 you'd get $2000 loyalty and another $1000 in trade assistance. Plus whatever your trade is valued at. Plus a potential $5800 tax credit. At least take one for a test drive if you're remotely interested. Usually the dealers advertise their price including the manufacturer rebate, but not the other credits you'd have to qualify for. I was looking at a brand new GT PHEV listed at $30,500 (that was the price with the manufacturer rebates). Subtract another $3000 in loyalty/assist credits and $2000 for my well-worn 2007 and I was looking at $25,500, and still had the tax credit to apply as well.
I believe here in Kanukistan (Canada) there's a $2500 rebate. Some provinces have their own (not mine, though). PHEV sounds interesting, but the plug-in part wouldn't be any good for me. I live in rental unit. Would it be worth it just for the fuel mileage driving it in hybrid mode? Maybe. I'd have to work the numbers I guess. I'd also be interested to know how it handles the blistering cold. We have an annual temperature swing of +30 celcius to -40 celcius where I live. That kind of temperature swing tends to be hard on stuff.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:00 AM

I don't want to hijack this thread to talk about the PHEV, but they've sold more of these in Canada than in the US. Here's a Canadian who's done many videos on the PHEV, including one on cold-weather performance.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 PM

Good stuff, all!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your Outlander Today?