Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Default what do you hate?

there's gotta be something that you hate. come on, don't lie. I had the outlander for a long time and I'm loving it there are a few things I wish for in the next outlander if i ever get one.

Old car: GMC Jimmy SLE 1998

1) i really hate the stupid ding ding ding of the seatbelt I found that to be annoying. yes i konw someone have posted to bypass this.

2) I got the LS 4WD... i wish i went all the way and got heated seats.

3) I guess Mits cheaped out on the doors, the doors do not feel solid. i mean if you tried to close the door of a benz or a bmw, they feel solid but the outlander made it feel like i'm closing a piece of cardboard.

3b) when i drive on rocky roads or in the snow, you can head each and every piece of rock hitting the car. i wished they did better sound proofing.

4) the seats. i found the LS 4WD seats really sucks cause it's black. i'm a clean freak so it does drive me crazy.

all in all that's all i can think of......

i have a long list of stuff that I love but i'm sure we all know what they are since we all bought an outlander.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

I also agree with the better sound proofing on the doors. With winter gravel on the road, it does get annoying when you are changing lanes through the gravel.

I also agree with the black on the leather seats and the dash. In Canada, the XLS only came with a black interior. Would have loved a lighter color to avoid the visible dust all the time.

One new thing is the placement of the switches for the heated seats....would have been better if they were on the dash or by the shifter...rather than in between the seat and the center console. Hard to get at with gloves on.

Other than that, I can't think of anything at the moment.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 PM

~I agree about the seatbelt warning, I really really hate that, luckily I wear my seatbelt most of the time.
~A also agree about the heated seat button, it is very stupid place for it to be. It can be really hard to get at at times.
~I hate the fact that the gas mileage resets every 4 hours, it is the stupidest thing in the world, it is basically useless, I use the MMCS to track gas mileage.
~The fact that the doors don't lock when you put the car in drive, that would have been nice
~The Icy Roads Reminder is a minor annoyance, but other things are worse.
~The fact that with the Luxury Package (and xenon lights) that the DRL's come on whenever the car is on, it would make much more sense if they turned on when the car was put in drive, so if you want to sit in your car at night for a minute or two, people won't always think you are leaving.
~The gas tank should be larger, I find it hard to go even 300 miles before going empty, I know other cars that go 350-400 miles before empty.

Other than that, I pretty much love the car, it is awesome for what you get for the money, and I know I will have it for a while.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
hex

i hate:

1. the oil drain plug is in the back of the oil pan! your arm is extended and when the plug is removed warm oil pours all over your arm! whatever doofus engineer at Mits thought that was a good idea needs to be beaten with my oil filter wrench!

2. the oil filter is directly above the starter coil so when you change the oil it leaks all over the starter... wires and all. another a-hole engineering marvel.

3. trailer hitch sticks out of the bumper apron. why?.... because the a-hole Mits engineer couldn't figure out a way to reposition the spare tire location!

4. more sound proofing! the outie exhibits more highway noise than any other vehicle i have owned to date. i have owned quite a few autos.

5. red dash lights... while nice while driving in the dark... during bright sunny days you can't see what radio station you are listening to.

6. icy road warning. there should be a way to disable this feature... by the time Feburary comes around i don't need to be reminded for the cazillion'th time that its cold out!

7. the ignition key/alarm fob is big and retarded looking. it does not nest well with the rest of my keys in my chain. it looks like something that hangs on a baby teething ring.

8. the rear seats need to fold up and FLAT (or removable)... utilizing the entire rear for cargo space.

9. by far the biggest gripe is NO factory crossbars for the roof rack! the aftermarket stuff from Thule or Yakima just doesn't look seamless. they look just like they are: bulky add-ons.

10. customer service from mits is the worst! and the salemen do not score high marks in my book either. they are clueless when it comes to finding the options you want or need.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Yes Yes..

1 Front seat heater location.. dash would of been better.. Fat hands and fingers have a hard time.

2 Power seat adj. also.. Sqeezing between the door and seat to adj.

3 No adj lumbar. Had it on my 06.. was nice But it is there, I have not found it.

4 Visors, Plastic, come on, a little fuzzy would of been nice and a 3rd screw for better support. Im afraid of breaking it off..

5 Add a cup holder like the driver side for passenger

6 Auto light switch like in europe. Why did we not get it?

7 Heated side mirrors (think 08 has it now)

8 Locking doors when in drive. Be nice for a upgrade thru programming.

Since the vehicle has so much in advance electronics and is only limited to what one came dream of, we should have some more choices. Heck, looking at the outie choices for japan would make this car a classic. I mean, I have an XLS with all options (did not get MMCS, but I installed after) and DVD player.. But it is loaded otherwise.

OLD

Old 12-05-2007, 11:27 PM

1. Resetting the MPG every 4 hours
2. Smallish gas tank
3. Sound proofing
4. No supercharger or turbocharger
5. 2nd row doesn't fold flat

With these points, I still love the car and it is great for what it is.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 PM

3) I guess Mits cheaped out on the doors, the doors do not feel solid. i mean if you tried to close the door of a benz or a bmw, they feel solid but the outlander made it feel like i'm closing a piece of cardboard.
lol, thats the reason Bimmers and Benzes are twice the price.
Its comparing apples and oranges.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:00 AM

^^ Agree with dusty you get what you pay for...The outlander is not going to be the best of the best like the bimmers and benzes. I'm not saying that the outlander is bad...but there is a reason that those cars cost alot more than the outlander

Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 AM

Wouldn't go so far as to say I hate anything; the one ing that annoys me a bit is the wind noise - it sounds a bit draughty.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 AM

Little thing's I found annoying.
-Small Gas tank
-No HID on Canadian XLS
-Seat warmer switch position
-Spare Tire position
-Rear Seat Don't fold down flat.
I love My XLS there's no doubt with that but there's little thing's I would I've like to be improved !

Quick Reply: what do you hate?