Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Default RE: what do you hate?

1. Radio display not bright enough in daylight
2. Glove box rattles and no way to adjust it a part from large hole
3. Drivers door rattle
4. Poor customer service from Mitsubishi HQ in the UK they say we will call you back and never do

Puddy
08 Outlander warrior mileage 1200m

Oh the dealer always leave my car dirty (inside muddy boot prints)

Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 AM

I've got the usual 'suggestions'

Seat Heater button
Second row not folding flat (but we wouldn't have the low load height if they did)
Soundproofing not dead silent (but better than my old VUE)
Radio display washout in sunlight
Visors pretty darn cheap. My elastic CD holder has permanently indented them

My biggest is that the interior scratches WAY too easily..the doors and the silver paint

Old 12-06-2007, 11:47 AM

I have a few minor complaints, but mainly is due to what the Outlander doesn't have, such as:

1) no rear view back up camera as an option,
2) no memory seat setting as an option
3) no fog lights since the fog lights became DRL and it shuts itself off when the headlight is turned on.
4) no auto door lock feature when transmission shifts to D. (it does have the auto unlock feature when transmission shifts to P. It is weird that it isn't the other way around like other models on the market).

Now I have to defend the outlander from some of the other owners' complaint. Many of you complained about the second row doesn't fold flat. I don't understand why it is a big deal for everyone, including car critics like Edmunds and C&R. If you compare other models that have the second row folded flat, the way they do it is to put the spare tire inside the cargo area and then cover it up, effectively raising the floor of the cargo area to match the height of the second row seat bottom cushion. With that arrangement, the seat does fold flat, but the side effect is less cargo room and higher loading height. I in fact like the Outlander's setup where the spare tire is located under the car, which doesn't take up inside cargo room. (Ihad an firstgeneration RAV-4with a similar setup where the spare tire was mounted outside of the rear hatch door and as such their second row didn't fold flat.) Both 1st gen Rav4 and my Outlander let me fold the second row down and forward, so I still have planty of room for lenghty objects.When I shopped for the Outlander to replace the old Rav4, the second row set up was actually one of the pluses for me.The lower loading height and room for taller objects inside the cargo areacame in handy many times in the past, such as the time when I bought my large screen tv and my two bicycles. (The latest RAV4 folds flat like other models on the market too, but that is because they have the third row taking up cargo room and raising the floor height.)

Just my 2cents.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 PM

oh..and no compass

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM

the scratching on the inside panels and the frickin buzzing glove box. i hate that thing. also, i have a good system in my car as you most of you know, and there are alot of rattles from that inside the car, but not outside the car which is good. but id rather not hear the rattles then have it buzzing inside. im rambling.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 PM

I agree with the cargo height trade-off. Would have loved the fold-flats, but now that I've had to make use of the extra height on several occasions, I'll gladly not have the fold-flats.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bnilguy

oh..and no compass

Theres a compass that displays on the navigation.... guess you got to pay to know what direction your going...

Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 AM

ThingsI hate
- interior trims scratch easily (regular dose of armour all needed)
- exposed bolt attachment of the front seats (makes it look cheap and 3rd world)
- panel display for time and radio station, disappears with direct sunlight
- being unable to tint front windows properly (too tight)
- accessories are quite expensive and at this stage still hard to get aftermarkets

But generallythe pros outweigh the cons, anyway if its perfect everybody will buy this car and Mitsubishi would be having a hard time figuring out what else to do come model upgrade time.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:29 AM

wow, thx for all the posts.

- memory seats and auto locking doors are something you would get for a CUV. it's something you have to pay more for eg// benz, bmw
- cheap doors and visor are my biggest pevs esp. it's something you will notice right away. (my crap GMC was cheap but had sturdier doors)
- cup holders.. seriously, last i have counted, there were like 9 cup/bottle holders, i really cant' ask for more. now the SIZE of the cup holders will not fit a supersize McDick's cup i would complain about. THen again, the car was built in Japan and not in US
-yes, the radio station with the red light is a SUPER pain in the ****.
-never a problem with glove compartment.
-fold down seats vs mitsu. seats....i prefer fold down cause you do get more space ouf it then again, 3rd roll sets(if u have that option) is already enough, i guess they wanted to have two options.
-no compass was a big one for me. REMOVE the mpg / h and give me the compass
-spare tire one is weird. i rather have it inside / under the car than having it stolen like the CRV or the rav 4. i mean i have 5 yr road side assistance so I don't care
-OHHHH yeha, the interior skratches way to easily.

-OHOHOHOH lastly. please have a sticker for doors being LOCKED vs. UNLOCKED>
in other cars, if the doors are UNLOCKED, the inside of the door locks would have a RED sticker. but in outie, i have to CUT out two stickers. i mean come on... how can you have black for locked doors and no stickers for unlocked doorsssss

Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Banned

I hate ricers : )

Quick Reply: what do you hate?