Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Default RE: what do you hate?

TPMS!
Seatbelt chime.
Also wish they came in a manual... but the Automatic seems to work fine.
I'm still worried that the seat fabric doesn't look durable - but maybe I'll be wrong and it just looks that way. Time will tell.

Pretty minor stuff though... I'm very pleased overall.

BTW... the dynamat makes a huge difference with some of the complaints people have above:
-The doors really feel and sound solid like a lexus
-Noise from rocks/sand pinging against the fenders is almost non-existent.
While you installing the dynamat and you knock on the outside of the body panels, the ones you already did have a dull thud - and the ones you haven't done, sound like a tin can.

For <$150 (ebay) It's a big improvement - but I won't lie to you - it's a bit of a pain.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:34 PM

clock -> w/MMCS
its so small! they should have moved it to the left side (closer to the driver) or installed a separate unit that is larger.

Heater/Fan/AC *****
its so down low, you have to take your eyes off the road.

turn signals
it doesnt have that solid click, I end up signalling back to the other side once I turn it off sometimes. you could hardly hear the clicks too.

plus the other things that other owners said... other than those, I LOVE MY OUTIE!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 AM

[ul][*]
No way to disable TPMS, or have the computer register 2 sets of sensors.[/align][*]
Rear seats should be removable.[/align][*]
The plastic on the top part of the door always looks dirty.[/align][*]
FAST key is too large, (they fixed that in 08)[/align][*]
I also agree with the heated seat switch position.[/align][*]
I would love to have the diesel engines they have in Europe. (this would also help with the size of the gas tank)[/align][*]
Reverse sensors, they have them in Europe.[/align][*]
What the hell do I do with the Tonneau cargo cover when I decide to use the third row of seats?[/align][*]
Allow me to set how the doors unlock, I had to pay $30 so that all doors would unlock when I touch the driver’s door handle. (allowing more control in general would be good)[/align][/ul]

BTW: you can change the auto reset of the fuel consumption to manual reset only; the instructions are in the owner’s manual page 3-150 (in the Canadian manual).

Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
tcp

I didn't know about the fuel consumption reset...gotta change that one. Also the mounts for the toneau cover(indents in the side of the cargo area) have a second set down behind the second row at floor level. you can pop it into the bottom mounts when you use the third row.

ORIGINAL: chenarm
[ul][*]
No way to disable TPMS, or have the computer register 2 sets of sensors.[/align][*]
I would love to have the diesel engines they have in Europe. (this would also help with the size of the gas tank)[/align][*]
What the hell do I do with the Tonneau cargo cover when I decide to use the third row of seats?[/align][*]
Allow me to set how the doors unlock, I had to pay $30 so that all doors would unlock when I touch the driver’s door handle. (allowing more control in general would be good)[/align][/ul]

BTW: you can change the auto reset of the fuel consumption to manual reset only; the instructions are in the owner’s manual page 3-150 (in the Canadian manual).

Old 12-11-2007, 10:23 AM

TCP, not when you have a subwoofer. I saw the mount on the right side, and assumed that I would have had one on the left side, if it wasn't for the subwoofer.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 AM

[ul][*]

I tried last night to change it on my canadian XLS and could not manage to get to the setting menu at all don't know why kind of strange don't know if it's because I have the TPMS warning on?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:57 AM

The only way I could get it, is with;
[ul][*]Engine not ruuning, but ignition needs to be on,[*]Transmission in Park[*]Handbrake on.[/ul]

Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 AM

The only way I could get it, is with;
[ul][*]Engine not ruuning, but ignition needs to be on,[*]Transmission in Park[*]Handbrake on.[/ul]

I will try that tonightwhen I get home thx for the info !

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM

I would love to have 4 screws for the liscence plate, when I shut the rear gate, my plate rattles against the gate. How hard would it have been to put another 2 screw-holes?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: foy1der

I would love to have 4 screws for the liscence plate, when I shut the rear gate, my plate rattles against the gate. How hard would it have been to put another 2 screw-holes?
What I did to make sure it does not scratch the paint I went to my auto part store and Got the little soft bumper's they use when the install bug deflector on hood so it does not touch the paint. It still rattles but at least I know it wont affect the paint on the door !
Cost: 8$ for pack of 4
peace of mind knowing it wont scratch the paint: Priceless LOLL [8D]

Quick Reply: what do you hate?