Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

re cruise control; All UK versions of the Outlander (plus Peugot and Citroens variants) have cruise control as standard with manual transmission! Auto trans not available here!
My last 3 cars prior to my current Outlander also had cruise control with manual transmissions!
Ron

Old 02-24-2008, 02:45 PM

1. Windshield rattles over bumps or any imperfection on the road.
2. Paint chipping near the rear wheel well, and sometimes on the bottom of the doors.
3. Flimsy interior plastics and *****.
4. Low turn signal indicator sound.
5. Low heat from heater while in park, or ata stop.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

ORIGINAL: rocairjer

to my regret, the 2nd gen Outlanders will no be availabe as a M/T (sigh)
I believe the 2nd Gen ES model w/4cyl will be available with a manual tranny if you don't need/want the V6.
I think that in Europe they have differentengines (2.2, 2.0 diesel and such) and also manual tranny.

In Mexico the ES has the 2.4 Mivec engine with CVT, and LS and XLS with 3.0 Mivec engine with 6 spd automatic transmision.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 AM

You know...

I keep thinking about things in this car that I dislike and the little bitty nit-picky things always remind me of things I REALLY like. Yes, we all could have purchased Oyota RAV's and Onda CRV's, but who wants a geriatric pumped up Avalon or a Fake-japanese civic that has too little horsepower? In all honesty, the Outlander was perfect for me - and probably for most of you. True, there are a few rattles when traveling over bumpy pavement, but my friend's Lexus does that. I think many of us are simply bummed that with just a little more planning, Mitsu could have made a truly amazing automobile. I kind of enjoy having a car that hardly anyone else has - when I see another owner in a parking lot - we always talk. It's kind of nice being in a little group of insiders who are DIFFERENT than all the other car-buyers in this segment. That's what being human is all about.

For my 2008, the doors are WAY better - the textures inside don't bother me - the texture itself makes the plastic look different shades of gray at different times of the day. This isn't a factory problem - it's just the way light bounces off the texture. I LOVE how simple the dashboard is - everything housed in the MMCS and three little *****. You keep looking at this CUV and you notice all the little things MITSU did right - this car has a lot of hidden design traits that make it so much more intriguing than RAV, CRV, Santa Fe....blah blah blah....

Anyway - don't stress over your purchase, people - you probably would have found other things to dislike in any of the others cars you would have chosen. I'm the same way...

I still love the way this car drives, it's MPG, it's overall design and the way it turns heads.....I'd buy another one if my car was killed in a crash tomorrow - I think that says it all

Old 04-17-2021, 09:46 AM
Default I Hate the CVT GearBox

CVT is not good enough. The dragging is too long.

Anyone know technics to avoid the system opting to charge the battery in priority instead of using the power to directly run the wheels?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2021, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by sirnewt
You know...

I keep thinking about things in this car that I dislike and the little bitty nit-picky things always remind me of things I REALLY like. Yes, we all could have purchased Oyota RAV's and Onda CRV's, but who wants a geriatric pumped up Avalon or a Fake-japanese civic that has too little horsepower? In all honesty, the Outlander was perfect for me - and probably for most of you. True, there are a few rattles when traveling over bumpy pavement, but my friend's Lexus does that. I think many of us are simply bummed that with just a little more planning, Mitsu could have made a truly amazing automobile. I kind of enjoy having a car that hardly anyone else has - when I see another owner in a parking lot - we always talk. It's kind of nice being in a little group of insiders who are DIFFERENT than all the other car-buyers in this segment. That's what being human is all about.

For my 2008, the doors are WAY better - the textures inside don't bother me - the texture itself makes the plastic look different shades of gray at different times of the day. This isn't a factory problem - it's just the way light bounces off the texture. I LOVE how simple the dashboard is - everything housed in the MMCS and three little *****. You keep looking at this CUV and you notice all the little things MITSU did right - this car has a lot of hidden design traits that make it so much more intriguing than RAV, CRV, Santa Fe....blah blah blah....

Anyway - don't stress over your purchase, people - you probably would have found other things to dislike in any of the others cars you would have chosen. I'm the same way...

I still love the way this car drives, it's MPG, it's overall design and the way it turns heads.....I'd buy another one if my car was killed in a crash tomorrow - I think that says it all

I agree , I love my Outlander so much I'm passing it on to my son.

Old 07-31-2021, 05:48 AM
Default Rear cargo door, if left open for camping it drains battery

If left open for camping, or anything for that mater, it drains battery.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:39 AM

I owe Outlander III 2013 2.2DiD from 2013. The most hated is too thin paint and prime coating. It is just extremely thin. As a result, paint chipping and scratches are so easy to make.
The second most hated is too thin metal sheet. But well, that is the result of bringing down fuel consumption policy by reducing the weight.

The rest of the issues can be solved, like:
1) radio handsfree/radio/nav/MMCS, poor hardware and software, SOLUTION: just buy an aftermarket unit whatever you like!
2) Doors does not feel "solid" when closing them, SOLUTION: just buy 12m long silicone hose (approx 3m per door, 8mm outer and 6mm inner diameter) and insert it inside into every door rubber seal, then door smashing experience will be more solid and you get better sound isolation
3) poor sound isolation, SOLUTION: buy and install P- and Z-profile sealing rubber (with M3 tape) and attach it as an additional door sealant. The outside noise reduces significantly. And this is much cheaper solution then to install noise isolation pads on every door, floor and ceiling.

I am lucky to have diesel car with usual automatic transmission but not a CVT transmission! I know that CVT transmission is another frustrating experience.