Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

I still haven't figured out how the random function is supposed to work on the cd player. I've tried everything, yes, I did read the manual.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 AM

I hate how the jack is expanded in order to mount in the storage compartment. First time I removed the jack it flung inside the compartment and dinged my rear quarter panel, which brings me to my next point - no padding in the storage compartment. Who mounts a jack so close to sheet metal as thin as a pop can without any padding? Also, jack removal instructions labelled on the inside of the removalable cover would have been a good idea.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM

My gripes are mostly related to missing items from the packages/models than vehicle issues.

It's been said, but the location of the heated seats switch is terrible. The heaters work great, but to turn them on/off is difficult and awkward.

Not having auto on/off headlights or Foglights with luxury pkg.[X(]

Not having an Auto Dim mirror, mud guards, cargo cover, or roofrack cross barsstandard on the XLS.[:'(]

No heated mirrors on US models.[:@]

Of course most of these can be solved by buying additional parts/accessories, but thequestion was asked.[sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 PM

what about the drivers side door chime, can get annying when your cleaning the outty. I know you can disable it, i did it on my other car, its close to the drivers side fuse box.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:44 PM

What I HATE!

Well, not much.
1- Doors dont lock itself while driving. (But I like how when I do lock it, and when put the car into P, it will unlock itself)
2- Mud guards dont come in standard
3- No HID lights for the Canadian Outie. (So sad, I see ugly cars install HID lights, and my Hot Outie dont have them) =(
4- I dont get the fact that when in Navi mode, I want to use my hands to move the map, the joy-stick is sometimes hard to locate places I wanted to go!

Thats about it! I love my Outie!

Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM

Cuff-

My 2008 Outie came with heated side mirrors - do you have a 4WD or 2WD? - all the 4WD models have it standard when you turn on the rear window defroster...

I AM bummed that the 2008 XLS models no longer have the aluminum side bars in the rear - I actually was going to use those to tie down boxes when I travel with my artwork - c'est la vie.

Fog lights would be nice, but I had to drive home, the other night, through NASTY fog - the HID's worked like a charm, so now I'm not so upset...

I can't think of any other peeves......perhaps in a few months

Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 AM

sirnewt,
Mines an '07 model XLS so it's not supposed to have heated mirrors. I do have the '08 wheels though, so i'm hoping that mine was so close to the '08 builds that they put them in anyway. There hasn't been any snow or ice lately so i can't confirm whether i have heaters or not. I guess i could stand outside and put my hand on the mirrors a while, but it'sonly 2degrees today with the wind chill so that ain't happening.

It's funny that you mention the side bars, because there were a few standard items that the 2007's hadthat the 2008's didn't and vice versa(like the rails in the cargo area vs. the heated mirrors, or smoother interior plastics vs. the more stippled/grainy ones). But the money difference was too great to sway me to an '08. Plus like i said mine had the 7-spoke rims which i liked better anyways.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM

Cuffy-

So, I was thinking about the new 18" wheels and that made me think about how tough the new 7-spoke models are a friggin nightmare to clean (my hands are large) and I was kinda wishing for something like the older models to ease up on my hands. Anyway, that led to me thinking about the strange paint effect on all the Outlander bumpers - come on everyone... you know what I'm talking about. Why are these bumpers a shade, or two, darker - I truly HATE that. When you look at them, I think they tried to put some type of clear coat over them to protect the plastic, but it makes the color look slightly different - WEIRD.

So, to sum up (sorry I've been teaching all day and am completely brain-dead):

1. No, aluminum rails in the 2008 XLS
2. Strange paint effect on the front and rear bumpers
3. um...can't think...oh - crappy plastic for the side cup holder - mine's already broken..

that's it - other than that:

THIS CAR ROCKS

Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 AM

sirnewt,
I haven't tried to clean mine yet...too cold around here yet. But you may havea point, although i do like the look of them. I may try one of those Mothers Power ***** or something to get in the openings. Brake dust sux!

I never noticed the shading difference on the bumpers, i'll have to check that out closer. What color is your Outtie?Maybe it'srelated to a specific color? I know that withplastics parts there will almost always be a slight difference simply because of the way the paint adheres to the surface. If auto makers used more layers of paint this probably wouldn't be an issue, but we all know from other posts the paint isn't the best on these cars.

Oh well, when you're toolin' down the highway jamming to the RF and paddle shifting past that CRV you'll forget about the paint.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM

outdated navigation system. and no update yet.

Quick Reply: what do you hate?