Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

If the wheels look like the ones at Zontarh.com linked below than those are my favorites. I would order from the site, but with the cost for shipping and duties the Dealer sold wheels are probably around the same cost. Did I mention that I hate the lack of accessoriesavailable for the Outlander in the USA?

http://shop.zontarh.com/epages/es104...ducts/MZ556463

Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Don't know if others are experiencing this but it is driving me crazy. The front defrost is built to hit the window at such a point that the bottom four inches or so of the window are not heated. So snow melts and the water refreezes above the windshield wipers.When you need the wipersthey are now refrozen to the window! I live in a cold climate so needless to say this is driving me crazy. This also means that the wipers are constantly full of ice that needs to be broken off of the blades thus damaging the wiper blades.

I've never had this problem to such an extent on any other vehicle.

I also find the rear wiper completely useless in the cold, even when completely free of ice it does a **** poor job of clearing melted snow/ice.

My otherrant is that I findit ridiculous that in Canada they sell this vehicle with a temperature indicator that goes to +50C but only down to -30C! For the past three weeks the temperature indicator has been totally useless and will be until some time in march. Obviously I can live without this feature, it just seems poorly conceived for a northern climate.

Sean

Old 12-28-2007, 05:41 PM

^^^^ where you from?
i'm from vancouver and i did notice the stupid front wipers getting frozen... cause of what you said.. interesting this just came to my head when you mentioned it.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:13 PM

If it's colder than -30C, does it really even matter? I mean, -30C is already way to damn cold. It's like saying, "Hmm, my *** is frozen solid, but just how deeply frozen is it?"

Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 PM

I live in the Northwest Territories.

To us -30C just means you might consider wearing a warmer jacket when out walking or maybe finally put on a pair of mitts! It's not until -40C that asses begin to freeze!

A Plus for the Outlander - Amazyingly enough I successfully started my Outlander one daythis pastNovember when it was -40 (-47 with windchill). The dealership assures me Mitsubishi says it will cold start to -50C and it seems like it might. Just goes against everything I have been led to believe about how bad cold starting is for a vehicle.

Sean

Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 PM

Lol, I can't even imagine what -30°C feels like... -8C already feels damn cold and my battery was already sounding a lot weaker when cold-starting...
Are the OEM batteries in the new Outlander adapted to such extreme low temperatures or have you fitted special batteries?

It's good to hear the Outlander is holding strong despite a few minor designfaults. Don't forget Mitsubishi builts their cars for hot climates, since they get a lot of their experiences from the desert rallies

Old 12-30-2007, 06:57 PM

I haven't changed out the battery, I've got whatever Mitsubishi sold me. Seems to be working quite well so far.

I know they are more focused on warmer climates it just seems like an overlooked item for Canadian sales.

Sean

Old 12-31-2007, 11:20 PM

Is it just me or do the 2 warning labels on the back of the front passenger really seat make you wonder what were they thinking?

Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 AM

I just noticed those two stickers on the back of the passenger seat yesterday, since I let my parents take the car for a spin and I sat in the back. It's funny how people nowadays have to be so careful about the stupidity of other people. I guess everyone is just scared of being sued, you know? I happen to think that the stickers are just tacky and could have been designed to be removed once the car was purchased. Other than that slight little interior blurb - I think Mitsu did a great job "updating" the 2008 model. I love the new doors and handles - I don't even mind the use of plastics. I would rather see plastic looking like an industrial texture, than trying to look like a real material. Plastic will NEVER look like leather, in my opinion. I drove my car back from Kansas (to Texas), so my ultimate complaint is that Mitsubishi is having a hard time getting specific cars to people who want to purchase them. It took me almost two months of calling to find the EXACT car I wanted. I'm glad I did it though - now I don't have any regrets. This is a really nice car - oops CUV - that handles great, is fairly frugal and has enough room for me and a few of my friends. The technology in this automobile is pretty swell (minus the odd 4-hour reset of the MMCS mileage counter - that's just dumb). All in all, I have no buyers remorse, which is something I worried about for a few months - expecially since I paid about 30K for my car. Let's just hope it lasts ten years - then I will REALLY be happy...

Old 01-27-2008, 08:39 PM

What I hate/dislike:

1. No pause, mute, fast forward, rewind, and other controls on the MMCS. No mute on the Steering wheel.
2. The rear DVD unit wont play on the main Audio.
3. The wiper blade control's soft switch. I find myself putting the opposite signal on when trying to turn off the switch.
4. The 3rd row seat is to small...
5. visors are flimsy

Quick Reply: what do you hate?