Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

ORIGINAL: sirnewt

Anyway, that led to me thinking about the strange paint effect on all the Outlander bumpers - come on everyone... you know what I'm talking about. Why are these bumpers a shade, or two, darker - I truly HATE that. When you look at them, I think they tried to put some type of clear coat over them to protect the plastic, but it makes the color look slightly different - WEIRD.
I dont notice any color variation between the front and rear bumpers and the rest of the body. So I dont agree with you there.

But,
I know what your talking about though. My last car had it. The front bumper was not a perfect match with the rest of the car. To sum it up, the body of the car is painted seperate from the bumpers, and other pieces (mirrors, handles etc). The bumpers are installed later, meaning they were painted at a different time, or even a different location. And even though they use top-notch paint booths and such, paint is still pretty delicate (temperature, humidy..etc). So saying that, it would not be out of the ordinary for pieces that were sprayed at different times or places to turn out a bit different.

The differences are usually unnoticable, and obviously they have quality standards. But for some colors its more noticable then others. sirnewt, you probably just got a match that isnt perfect. You could ask to have them replaced, but Im guessing the dealer would say they cant tell...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Hello from the Great White North (Canada). Up here we have this habit of installing winter tires to keepusonthe roads during the winter. Once my stock tires were removed and my ice grippers were put on I have come to regret it! Every day the same thing - MAINTENANCE REQUIRED on the console. Is there a quick fix for this our should I suck it up for another 3 months?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Suck it up 3 months, and another 5-6 months next year, and ....

I complained to Customer services and they have no plan to change it, it's called a safety feature,...that keeps your attention off the road and on the instruments, go figure![sm=badidea.gif]

Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
tcp

Same here. no fix available. maybe we could start a support group...with beer or something.

ORIGINAL: 07outtie

Hello from the Great White North (Canada). Up here we have this habit of installing winter tires to keepusonthe roads during the winter. Once my stock tires were removed and my ice grippers were put on I have come to regret it! Every day the same thing - MAINTENANCE REQUIRED on the console. Is there a quick fix for this our should I suck it up for another 3 months?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Can somebody with an 05 Outlander get in on this?

My major complaint is Mitsubishi and their dealers say you can notget a cruise control
on a manual transmission Outlander. I have owned many M/T cars including a Galant,
no problem having a cruise control on any of them. Off market installers also tell me this.
I don't get it.

I have nevertested a 2nd gen Outlander's doors. My 05's doors seem very solid, and
several people that have ridden in itmade that point. Did Mitsu cheapen up the 2nd gen doors?

to my regret, the 2nd gen Outlanders will no be availabe as a M/T (sigh)

Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Whats causing the maintenance required with the winter tires?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: rocairjer

to my regret, the 2nd gen Outlanders will no be availabe as a M/T (sigh)
I believe the 2nd Gen ES model w/4cyl will be available with a manual tranny if you don't need/want the V6.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuffy
I believe the 2nd Gen ES model w/4cyl will be available with a manual tranny if you don't need/want the V6.
No manual planned for 08 for NA. It's gonna be CVT for ES, and 6 speed auto for LS and XLS.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 PM

I've been mulling with the idea of submitting a formal safety complaint to Transport Canada.Having this continuous warning eventually desensitises you from the other warnings that could be important. Not to mention that everytime the ASC kicks in yoyu have to reset it, if you take into concideration that the ASC will usually kick in when the driving condition require more attention, it's not a great feature to have. Even if TC thinks that it is a saftey problem, they don't have the authority to force a car company to do anything about it, unlike theNHTSA in the US, all they can do is bring more visibility to the problem.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM

It's not the tires, what most people do is get a set of steel rims for the winter Tires, and without the pressure sensors in those rim, the TPMS Warn about service being required.

Quick Reply: what do you hate?