Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What have you done to your Outlander this week?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 PM
Default What have you done to your Outlander this week?

this should be a great way to learn tips, tricks and ideas from others!

My Outlander is a 2017 and the engine is a 3.0 L. I removed all fluids and replaced with these.....
https://www.searchforparts.com/oil-c...tlander-3.0l-x
was looking up my Outlander to replace the fluids so that I can take it to a family member's garage, saving money, already flushed the engine earlier today and went with the wix filter.

also installed this Lloyd cargo liner
https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.co...te-Cargo-Liner
lookin good!

Old 01-26-2021, 05:54 PM

Doesn't seem to get a lot of action for some reason: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...y-54510/page2/

Old 02-09-2021, 06:44 PM

Might as well cover my last month!
  • Swapped in some LED 9005s and 9006s, had to adjust and lower the cutoff because I was blasting oncoming traffic. Good light and pattern, but I swear something about the 7000K color temp makes it harder to pick out moisture and shadows on the road than the warmer 5500K. The high beams are going to kill it on the trails this summer!
  • Took apart passenger door to grease the window track which was surprisingly easy, but admittedly didn't leave me feeling particularly safe from and side collisions.
  • Added a quick-connect pigtail so I can hookup the battery tender without popping the hood.
  • Resoldered connections and added a ferrite bead to my AUX cord (a DIY version of the OEM kit) to try and clean background noise
Next week's projects are an oil change and a 3rd attempt at jamming these damn Firestone Coil Rite helpers. Just got back from buying a heat gun at Ace to hopefully soften them up enough to get them through.
Coolant, ATX, and diff fluids are all overdue for a good flush; I haven't done any of those before myself so I'm going to get a quote from a local shop and see how it compares to buying everything needed.

Friendly reminder to take all your tools out of the engine bay before you close the hood! Took the AC compressor flywheel half apart tracking down an awful noise only to realize it was because my calipers had fallen into the radiator fan haha

Old 02-12-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Coggeshall
Might as well cover my last month!
  • Swapped in some LED 9005s and 9006s, had to adjust and lower the cutoff because I was blasting oncoming traffic. Good light and pattern, but I swear something about the 7000K color temp makes it harder to pick out moisture and shadows on the road than the warmer 5500K. The high beams are going to kill it on the trails this summer!
Please read posts #3 and #5 here and hopefully you will find out why.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:47 AM

Just got our 2018 Outlander PHEV GT less than two weeks ago. Spend the first day reading the manual and figuring out how to operate this high tech beastie. So far we have installed molded floor mats and ordered rocker and back bumper scratch guards. Dodges a major bullet - I saw a pool of oil on the garage floor and found out the oil pan drain plug was only finger tight. If that thing had loosened up while we were out driving, we could have needed a new engine. Sure glad I spotted it in time! I'll be installing a light duty trailer hitch and trailer light wiring in the spring - we traded in my pickup on the Outlander and are going to get a small cargo trailer for hauling bulky things like my riding tractor, mulch, lumber, etc.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Coggeshall
Might as well cover my last month! and a 3rd attempt at jamming these damn Firestone Coil Rite helpers. Just got back from buying a heat gun at Ace to hopefully soften them up enough to get them through.
Try deflating them first