Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Windscreen Wiper Linkage Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 AM
Default Windscreen Wiper Linkage Bushing

Hi!

I have a 2007 Outlander Instyle 2.0D.

At the weekend I had some snow on the roof of my car, which I failed to clear and that resulted in a damaged wiper linkage (not a huge amount of snow but it turned out to be wet, heavy snow so lesson learnt)

I have found the part to be a small white plastic clip which has snapped. Its the plastic part that connects the linkage to the motor (I think thats best how to describe it but please see photo)

I can see there are other 'bushes' for other cars on ebay and other sites... does anyone know where I can buy this as a stand alone part?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance

Adam

Attached Thumbnails Windscreen Wiper Linkage Bushing-linkage.jpg  

Last edited by adam_t; 02-27-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by adam_t
Hi!

I have a 2007 Outlander Instyle 2.0D.

At the weekend I had some snow on the roof of my car, which I failed to clear and that resulted in a damaged wiper linkage (not a huge amount of snow but it turned out to be wet, heavy snow so lesson learnt)

I have found the part to be a small white plastic clip which has snapped. Its the plastic part that connects the linkage to the motor (I think thats best how to describe it but please see photo)

I can see there are other 'bushes' for other cars on ebay and other sites... does anyone know where I can buy this as a stand alone part?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance

Adam
I experienced the same problem a week ago, and my local mechanic advised me that I have to change the entire Wiper linkage.
It cost me $210 for the wiper linkage and $90 for labour.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My dealer said the same at first but I made a fuss about spending so much money (it costs 350USD in norway) so he recomended a part for a Mitsubishi Colt (part number MB046360) and said with some small modifacation it would fit.

I couldnt find this part number in europe, only in the states so I made a solution last night.

I removed all the plastic that was snapped and put the linkage over the moving part then fitted a very strong metal clip to hold it in place and a couple of cable ties to keep that in position. (sounds bad but it was super strong)

A bit of grease later and its not only working but appears stronger than the original... cost me 2USD... I know its a bush fix but I think it will last for years.

Peace!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 PM

Here is a photo to show exactly what I did and fyi I put some silican tubing inbetween the metal linkage and the metal moving ****... so its not metal on metal and so there is a smooth movement

Attached Thumbnails Windscreen Wiper Linkage Bushing-imag0555.jpg  

Last edited by adam_t; 03-03-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:34 PM

Here is a photo to show exactly what I did and fyi I put some silican tubing inbetween the metal linkage and the metal moving ****... so its not metal on metal and so there is a smooth movement
Nice job! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Old 04-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Dealing with this myself. Nice fix. I can't believe this part is so hard to find. Still looking. Got a mixed pack of bushings from auto store and they're all too small.