Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Worthy competitor to Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:21 PM

i just wish the Outtie looked more aggressive. don't get me wrong, it looks good but it as aggressive as the CX-7, Infiniti of the above Kia.
i think this is mostly dues to the subdued fender flare and the bumper.
the models i mentioned above look more broader like a Pitbull and the Outtie looks taller like a Boxer if you know what i mean.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 PM

I like the CX-7 too. I did look at them when I shopped the Outlander. I grouped the CX-7 as a competition to Acura RDX. They are both turbo four, more fun to drive than the Outlander. They both have features that I like but not available on the Outlander, but also lack the features that are offered on Outlander like the FAST key and HD Navi and the 3rd roll seat.

Maybe I'm crazy, the 3rd roll seat was one of the main reason for me to pick the Outtie. I know they cramp, are uncomfortable and in fact rarely used. But I already have had a few occasions where it came in really handy and I was glad I had the 3rd roll seat. I would say that, a trip that is less than a 45 minute ride is absolutely acceptable in the 3rd roll. When I go to San Francisco where parking is an issue, having to drive one car to take 6-7 ppl instead of splitting the group into two cars is wonderful in the sense of logistic. That also means you only need one designated driver instead of two after a party in the city.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM

Well I have my own view as far as which car has aggressive look and that's the reason for my pick:

Outlander looks way more aggressive then CX-7 which is why I passed on it, it's a car with a feminine look, like the rest of Mazda line. My wife's mother had one and my wife had one and we sold it to another woman. All women used the same words "how cute it is". Do you want your car to be cute or manly?

Infinity FX looks awesome and aggressive, but way too much money, EX on the other hand looks kinda small and plain.

MDX again looks great, but way too much money, RDX reminds me of a rabbit and there is really nothing aggressive about it.

SantaFe... not bad, but a bit outdated looks, waiting for next version

Tiguan, X3, Q5... Love it, but too much $$$ and it's German engineering that worries me

Rav4, Murano, Rogue, CRV... plain blah as far as looks, but works great as family car

New Kia Sorento... never owned one, but so far I like the new looks... so we shall see about the rest

Last edited by klas; 03-10-2009 at 06:05 PM.