Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, definitely, even if it costs $50.
30.77%
Yes, if ti costs around $30 or maybe $40.
30.77%
Yes, but only if it's $20.
15.38%
No, K&N sucks. It does nothing for the car performance.
7.69%
No, aftermarket air filters can void warranty.
0%
No, aftermarket filters are a waste of money.
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Would you get a K&N air filer for your Outlander IF one comes out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Would you get a K&N air filer for your Outlander IF one comes out?

LOL, never had that happen to one of my cars, but I was in my buddys car, and it was raining cats and dogs. We were crossing over to broadway from church in nashville, and caught a HUGE puddle. bam. Locked up and destroyed the motor. Its funny now, but looking back on it, it wasnt all that funny.
After that, and a new motor, he still wanted one, but had a great idea. Hemade 2cuts in the pipe bout 5-6 inches apart inthe middle of the intake pipe. If it rained hard, or for more than a day, he would pop the hood, remove the center section, and slide on a stand-by filter he kept in his trunk. Didnt have to worry bout it, and when it dried out, he popped off his standby filter, and dropped in the center section. worked great for him.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 AM

Wow, lively discussion. Seems like a 50/50 for and against K&N. I like K&N, but maybe it is not what they make it cracked up to be. I requested they make a K&N for the '07 Outlander anyways. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Why did you go into water with an intake that was low enough to suck up the water?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 AM

I didnt, he did. He wasnt familiar with the area, and the hole didnt look that bad. (one of those holes in a hole thing)
The funniest part, like 5 minutes before we had been talkin about hydrolock, and he was buggin cause he thought just rain would do it. I told him he would have to be in a deep amount of water, and it would have to get sucked up for it to happen. When I saw the puddle, I was yelling at him to go around it. He drove straight through that bitch. ran for like 2 more seconds. funny as ****.