Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ZH Outlander Console removal - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 05:58 AM
Default ZH Outlander Console removal - HELP!!

Hi all, new to forums and have been banging my head against a brick wall.

Im trying to remove the centre console from my Outty due to having a few little holes here and there - trying to replace them.

How in the hell do I remove the console? Are there any 'how to' guides anywhere??

I have searched and most links are broken or no longer working.

Any help appreciated.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Default center console partial removal

I was recently tapping my aux inputs to the stereo and rerunning some wires under there. I have the US 2007 XLS. The cupholder piece next to the hand brake pops out with a little pry, as does the piece where the cigarette lighter is under the climate controls. After that, the two black pieces of trim running along the carpet in the footwells need to come out, one has a single screw and pops out, the other has a vinyl rivet plus a screw then pops out. Once these are off you will see the big screws and the little screws securing those fake metallic covered side panels. There are two little screws up in the middle by the shifter as well. For the armrest portion, you have to pry the back off while sitting the in the backseat to disconnect the electrics, they there are four 10mm bolts in the bottom of the armrest and it also has more pop off tabs, after that you will have everything except the shifter/shifter cover off. It was as far as I went since I could snake the wires under there with a coat hanger. Good luck