New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

brand new and looking for advice........

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Default brand new and looking for advice........

I bought a 1993 eclipse, (dealer demo) with 10,000 mi on it in 1994. Best car I ever owned. Proudly drove it until last July when I rear ended a Lincoln during a rain storm. Smashed in the driver side front end. I baby'd that car and anything that ever needed fixing or replacing was done. Everything on the car was working and fully functional. All that was left to do was to repair rusted areas and have it repainted to the brilliant pearl burgandy color.
I'm broken hearted........idiot that I am, I didn't have collision insurance. Ins co would have totaled it out anyway I suppose. It's been sitting in my garage for 6 months now as until now, I haven't been able to part with it. Actually my Mom found that car for me back in 94' and there was much sentimental value attached to it as well.
So, does anybody have ideas on how I can get as much as possible for it? I'm 63 yrs old, on social security and can use more than the hundred bucks a local junk yard offered. I have no idea how to use ebay. I have only been to one chat room like this in my life, (a magic hobby forum), and hope I can figure out how to read any messages somebody may write back to me about. I listed my email address so if anybody would rather email instead of post, I at least know how to respond to emails.
Thanking you all in advance for any help in selling my car.
My Eclipse GS is a 1993 pearl burgandy color, 168,874 miles, vin # 4A3CF44E4PE088862. I'm looking to get $800.00 and will consider best offer. I will post a photo ASAP when I can find someone who knows how to do so.

johnjohn

Last edited by johnjohn; 01-13-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Forum rules stated that I needed to add the info in the last paragraph.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

You could try selling it on a local forum. I see you located in Ny, try signing up on www.tristatetuners.com and sell it on there.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 PM

Thank you so much for your reply and the website you provided. I haven't heard of them before and will check them out 1st thing tomorrow, if not tonight. I should probably have somebody take a photo of the car to post with the ad as I'm told it would increase my chances of a sale.
Again, thank you.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM

dsm1990gsx,
I screwed up and sent a reply to myself instead of back to you..........being old is not a good thing. Just wanted to say thanks for your reply and info. Hope I did it right this time for God sakes.
johnjohn