New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hazard lights come on while driving with "hood open" error

Old 08-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Exclamation Hazard lights come on while driving with "hood open" error

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Outlander and recently the hazard lights have been turning on while driving, usually accompanied with "hood open" error message, and the car seems to think all the doors are open. When it does this I can't turn the hezards off - pushing the button doesn't register. Usually I have to turn the car off and leave it for 5 minutes until it decides there is nothing open. Only a few days ago the hazard lights have been coming on during the night also, when the car is off. They just randomly turn on, and sometimes I'm able to turn them off, but usually only after some time. Also it has been unlocking the boot randomly, so I have to get out and close it.

Anyway, I took the car to an auto-electrician, and he spent a day looking at it, and wasn't able to isolate the issue.
So not sure what to do - issue is still happening, and now I have to unhook the battery every time I get out of the car, so the lights don't turn on and drain it through the night.
Car is relevatily safe to drive, as the issues tend to go away around 2 minutes after the car has been running. But it's driving me crazy.

Any ideas at all? Anything would really help.
The only other person I've read who's experienced the same thing is 'cbelmes' on this thread - but no solution.
edit: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...problem-38574/

Battery is brand new btw.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-19-2020, 04:26 PM

I have the same problem. Have you got any solution?

Old 05-19-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by oddis
I have the same problem. Have you got any solution?
Hey oddis, problem ended up being the fuse box, mechanic completely replaced it and the issue went away. But since then it shows "system error" on the dash all the time since it's not a stock fuse box, apparently Mitsubishi can fix this but I haven't taken it there as yet. Good luck!

Old 05-20-2020, 10:46 AM

Hey Drexzy og thank you for answer. I will check this out.