New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Carisma 2003 first car and no clue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Default Mitsubishi Carisma 2003 first car and no clue

Hey i just passed my test a few weeks ago, i had bought a Mitsubishi Carisma 2003 off my uncle a few months prior for around a grand. The Car had a lot of miles on it being a taxi but i didnt bother me, he also fixed a few things that needed fixed at the time and passed the mot.

I received the car last week and since then a few problems have arised, the car hadnt been started since it was fixed and mot'd.

-Back wiper doesnt work,
-Left wing mirror(electronic) doesnt work,
-when i'm braking there is a rumbling coming from the back mostly and some at the front ( i have spoke to a mechanic and he said the brake pads,discs are all new but due to the car being inactive there is a lot of rust which has scratched the discs but wont affect my braking just an annoyence).

And now just today my front wipers didnt work and i found it out while i was driving when the rain came on.

I know nothing about cars at all, im pretty sure my tyres are a little flat too.

Could anyone give me advice about my car and how to maintain it for a complete newbie, ive read the manual but where it says the wiper fuse should be, there is a casing over the fuses saying different and my manual says the front tyre should be 2.2 (200) and rear 2.0 (200) is that in PSi ?

thanks