New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:02 AM

I also just took my 2011 Outlander Sport in for it's first service appointment. They were able to get my 2nd generation Classic 60G iPod to work using the AUX option. I have not tried my friends iPods to see if they will work this way or not. Still, I am dissapointed to not be able to use the USB since that was THE major selling point for me. I can not charge my iPod in the car. @Walruski perhaps there is some type of class action lawsuit that can be looked into. I'm sure every dealership is still selling these cars and using this as a selling point. That is highly unethical since it's very clear that they all know there is a problem with this feature. When I brought this up to my salesman, I was told that if Mitsubishi can't fix the problem, they have to give you a new car. B.S. I know. But this is the kind of stuff being told to people who have spent a lot of money on a new vehicle.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Found this today: http://www.mitsubishifuse.com/support.taf?p=7&n=1
I'm going to look into it tomorrow, will report back.

EDIT: The dealer had no idea what I was talking about... Even after showing them the page linked above, they were clueless. They sent me away and said they would do some research and call me back. I may try a different dealer tomorrow.

Last edited by Nobody5000; 08-09-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: New info
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM

Does anybody have this update on a USB flash drive that they wouldn't mind posting on megauploads or something? Considering the service manual is already posted and the instructions for the update process are in it, it would be nice if we could just do the update ourselves. Anybody have the file on a USB stick that they provided to the dealer for the update process and still has the file on it?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:18 PM

I again talked to Mitsubishi and was told that I needed to pay for a re-flash at my dealership. I don't feel as though I should have to pay since this was one of the key selling points to the vehicle. Also, will we have to pay again after iO5 releases?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM

My ASX won't recognise my MP3 player via usb port, is this the same issue as the Ipod? anyone else get an MP3 player to work?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by jagmorgan
My ASX won't recognise my MP3 player via usb port, is this the same issue as the Ipod? anyone else get an MP3 player to work?
Not too sure how it happened but mine now works.
Hooked up the usb port and the plug into the speaker outlet on the Itouch.
The speaker outlet is the same connection that comes out next to the usb port.
When I turn off the car and the player and return, I disconnect the speaker and plug it in again, with the car now turned on.
Drove (Toronto) to Florida and it never let me down once, phew.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Goodluck.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Default It's an International problem

I've just joined the forum as I've got exactly the same problem with my top of the range 2011 (French) ASX (USA = Outlander Sport).

I'm getting exactly the same response from Mitsubishi France as you guys are getting in North America! My iPod Touch OS is ver4.3.5. (Bought in France so no language problems there!)
My son's older iPod classic worked first time.
Bluetooth connection worked first time.
iPod connection - communication error! Just spent 1hr with the dealer sat in the car in 90F+ temp with air-con blasting away and still no luck. All I got at the end was the classic Gallic shrug and "c'est la vie"! This is particulary annoying as my other car is a Mazda which came with a Bose sound system boasting iPod/USB connectivity. Guess what?
Both cars are great mechanically, comfort wise and spec wise. Is it that perhaps Japanese music is so bad they don't want you to listen to it!

I've printed off the note on the Fuse website mentioned in one of the replies. I'm going to translate it into French and take that to the dealer. I'm not holding my breath (and it's not because of all the garlic!)

Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM

To those in North America... If you still have the same problem and the dealer refuses to do anything or offers to "re-flash" at a cost, then feel free to file a complaint to the Attorney General's Office and let it be known the unfair practice at the dealerships. If that was a selling point and was assured that it WOULD work without a problem and was DESIGNED to work, then the dealerships should be honoring that commitment. As for Canada, France, and any other country, I have no idea what the equivalent is to the Attorney General's Office.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the link to the fuse website, I will bring it up with our dealer in Toronto and let you know how it goes.

My guess is they will play dumb and not know about the update.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM

Hey guys I found the fix and have personally tried it as it is described at it worked perfectly. I can now plug in my IPod into the USB and say "play Metallica" and it plays it, or by genre, song, playlist etc... I went to the dealer and they tried to tell me that they had to install some module at my cost??? I downloaded the update onto a SD Card and followed the instructions and 10 minutes later it was all working properly. Good luck.

Here's the link I found.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/570327-anyone-know-how-update-nav-firmware.html

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question