New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by The_Wesstons
Hey guys I found the fix and have personally tried it as it is described at it worked perfectly. I can now plug in my IPod into the USB and say "play Metallica" and it plays it, or by genre, song, playlist etc... I went to the dealer and they tried to tell me that they had to install some module at my cost??? I downloaded the update onto a SD Card and followed the instructions and 10 minutes later it was all working properly. Good luck.

Here's the link I found.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/570327-anyone-know-how-update-nav-firmware.html

What version of the MMCS software were you running when you completed the upgrade? What type of car?

Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 PM

There is an update available at your dealer now. Most charge half hour labor to add the patch.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 AM

Not sure what version of the MMCS but it is a 2011 RVR that I purchased in January of this year? The update is very easy to do, only took about 10 minutes. I have full Ipod control from my dash as well as voice. When performing the update you can watch the screen as it goes from 0% to 100%, it's pretty cool. I don't know what 1/2 hour labor rate is at the dealer but free is always good.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Ahhh I see the link I put up doesn't go anywhere. Copy and paste it in a new window and it takes you there. Clicking on it doewsn't work.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Default Update

After my dealer did something called a re-flash I can now hook up a 4th gen iPod Touch via USB and it plays. Voice play worked as well. Still issues with the hanging up on the phone button. After trying my grandfathers new Kia Sorento's voice commands I can say their system is a lot smoother. Works everytime and doesn't ask me, "is this correct" after every command.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by XSniper4Higher
After my dealer did something called a re-flash I can now hook up a 4th gen iPod Touch via USB and it plays. Voice play worked as well. Still issues with the hanging up on the phone button. After trying my grandfathers new Kia Sorento's voice commands I can say their system is a lot smoother. Works everytime and doesn't ask me, "is this correct" after every command.
The first thing I did was turn off those confirmations. It drove me nuts. My wife leaves them on in her Lancer. Women

Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatic59
The first thing I did was turn off those confirmations. It drove me nuts. My wife leaves them on in her Lancer. Women
How did you turn off confirmations? I got my Outlander just this Sept. 2011 and i cannot play my Ipod and Iphone... if i go to dealer will they charge me for an update or re-flash? I will have to ask them tomorrow about this.. hope they wont charge me.. ....

Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by rikeman
How did you turn off confirmations? I got my Outlander just this Sept. 2011 and i cannot play my Ipod and Iphone... if i go to dealer will they charge me for an update or re-flash? I will have to ask them tomorrow about this.. hope they wont charge me.. ....
Press the hands free button and say "settings" then "confirmations" it should ask if you want them on or off.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 AM

hey people, good news, update your ipod to the latest ios and it will work. the first time you connect it, it will take a loooong time. but after that its smooth. its actually pretty cool once u get it working!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Yeah, here is my status. After the dealership "re-flashed" my system, 3 different 32 gb iPod Touch 4th gen worked. I updated all three iPod Touches and now the first one I tried worked almost right away. After I got back in the car though all it does is reading. These are the iPod's I bought for my sisters and daughter but I want one or a new iPhone but if I can't get them to work in my vehicle then I will buy a Droid Bionic. I also noticed that Mitsubishi is not listed on Apple's web page as being compatible, what gives?

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question