New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Greetings,

I am new to the forum and the proud owner of a new 2011 Outlander Sport. So far I love the car. I opted for the premium and navigation packages in mine and am very glad I did. I love the stereo and the 40 GB HDD music server is very slick. I do have an issue with the system. When I connect my 4th generation Ipod touch via the USB input the system doesnt recognize it. I simply get a communication error message and thats it. I have the latest firmware on my Ipod and the manual says it supports the touch. I can still stream through bluetooth. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Default Hello From Canada guys!

In Canada, the Outlander Sport is Called RVR, but I have a similar experience with my Radio on iPod / iPhone as well.

We tried 3rd and 4th generations of both and it simply does not work. The dealer told me it's a known issue with the version 4.1+ of the OS from Apple for the iPods more than the generation itself. I cannot revert to 4.0 or before to try it, so I cannot confirm.

I hope to get an Update from Mitsubishi soon.

Regards

Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the info. I found the sticky on the forum concerning Ipod issues and tried the trick of using 3 different USB thumbdrives. Unfortunately I had no success. If the FUSE website is to be believed the 4th gen Ipod is not supported. I have ver 4.2 of the OS on my Ipod. In a bit of irony I am able to connect my Motorola Droid via USB and the system is able to play MP3s from it.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM

I had one customer find he had too many playlists losded into his ipod. She used another ipod with less playlists and the system recongnized it after a minute or two of system loading.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:04 AM

I dont have any playlists on my Ipod. The system doesn't even attempt to load the songs. I just get the communication error. From what Ive read there is a issue with the Ipod OS ver 4. I havent tried another Ipod but USP sticks and the Droid both work.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
hap

so has anyone found a way to make the ipod play? I am pretty annoyed, all that hi tech and I can't play the ipod. Mine connects briefly and says "loading" but then tells me "no audio files found".

Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 AM

The only way I can get my Ipod to play is via bluetooth. USB doesnt work. I am trying to find someone with an Ipod classic so I can test that. USB sticks work as does my Motorola Droid. According to the Fuse FAQs Motorola is aware of the issue with the OS. Hopefully they will get a fix

Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 AM

Good Morning,
I am a service writer for a Mitsu Dealership in California and currently have a case open for one of our clients. As if now our Tech Center does not have a definite fix but are working on it. They are trying to find out what ipod versions, operating systems etc are effecting the units first from around the country.

I'll kepp you posted.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by lumpiap
Good Morning,
I am a service writer for a Mitsu Dealership in California and currently have a case open for one of our clients. As if now our Tech Center does not have a definite fix but are working on it. They are trying to find out what ipod versions, operating systems etc are effecting the units first from around the country.

I'll kepp you posted.
Just to let Lumpiap know.... I have a iphone 3gs 32gb running ios4.2 and my son has the iphone 4 16gb running ios4.2. Neither will get past the ipod load screen.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by lumpiap
Good Morning,

I'll kepp you posted.
Have the same problem on Sportsback GTS 2010.
Hope to hear how you solve this issues as many others are having the same problem.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question