New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 AM

The latest Apple software update, iOS 4.3, failed to fix the problem. I am quite disappointed that I have not been able to fully take advantage of the Fuse System. I paid a lot of extra money to get this because the salesperson at the Mitsubishi dealership where I bought my Lancer was telling me about it having full iPhone integration and that I could just plug it in and go. To bad he neglected to tell me that it was only compatible with older, out of date versions of the software. Bummer.

Last edited by Nobody5000; 03-13-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM

Just as an update. I borrowed my friend's Ipod mini to see if it worked. No dice. It did not attempt to connect. Also I am not sure I understand why Mitsubishi is testing which versions work. Should they not just make the latest iOS version compatible? Most users update their iOS save for the ones who are jailbreaking.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 AM

Well one thing is for sure... Theres not an app for that.

I have a 2011 Outlander Sport, less then a month old and I have the same problem. I have to say, the iPod features was one of the leading reasons in my decision to buy this vehicle over a similarily priced competitors vehicle. If anyone has found anything out about a fix, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM

My older 3rd generation iPod nano works fine with both my Outlander and my Wife's Lancer (both 2011), but especially because of the stupid location of the USB port in the Lancer, I just bought a couple of 16GB flash drives on Amazon for $25 ea. and copied my entire music library to it into a folder called "music". I then exported all my playlists to a folder called "playlists" and finally copied all the podcasts to a folder called ... wait for it ... "podcasts". Now I have everything permanently in both cars and it works as if it were the iPod plugged in.

Yeah, I know it's a workaround, but it's better than listening to the Elvis channel on SiriusXM all the time

Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 PM

So angry. Just like a few of you, being able to plug in my ipod in my vehicle was one of the biggest selling points for me. Ive been searching for just the right vehicle for months and finally got the deal I wanted. Traded in my Mitsu Eclipse (my baby) and to find out that it doesnt work??

Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Has there been any word from Mitsu?

I mean its not like there is just one or two owners with this problem. I tried every fix listed in the forum that "worked" for everyone else. Yes it works over bluetooth, but what if i want to charge my ipod while driving to the smooth sounds of Inglebert Humperdink!

HALP!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by creed72
Has there been any word from Mitsu?

what if i want to charge my ipod while driving to the smooth sounds of Inglebert Humperdink!

HALP!
Im afraid you wouldnt be able to charge over the USB port anyway, at least it doesnt charge my phone when I have it connected. It seems like the only the cigarette lighter outlets will do that.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Walruski
Im afraid you wouldnt be able to charge over the USB port anyway, at least it doesnt charge my phone when I have it connected. It seems like the only the cigarette lighter outlets will do that.
My iPod nano (3rd gen) charges in my wife's Lancer. Never tried the iPod my Outie, but my phone (Nexus 1) will charge from the USB port.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Walruski

it charges my ipod. im going to back my ipod up today and downgrade the firmware to see if it will work.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm up in Canada and my Ipod Touch does not work in the vehicle! Very annoying.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question