New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Ipod question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Default Thank you creed72!

Originally Posted by creed72
hey people, good news, update your ipod to the latest ios and it will work. the first time you connect it, it will take a loooong time. but after that its smooth. its actually pretty cool once u get it working!
Confirmed! The latest ios worked for me. I tried connecting my iPhone 4 prior to the update and the mmcs would display something like 'incompatible device'. After updating to the ios 5, I no longer have a problem. It didn't take long at all the first time for me; however that may be because I only have like 30 songs on there so far...

I was contemplating on doing the MMCS flash versus taking the car to the dealership. When I called the dealership and asked about the flash, they said they hadn't even performed it on any other cars yet, so they weren't sure if it would work. Luckily I don't have to worry about that any more.

-myk178

Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM

well im glad atleast apple took the initiative and fixed it. granted we are a small number of people to them, but atlesat somehow they heard us.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 AM

Trying to make a long story short. When I first got my 2011 Outlander Sport neither 3rd or 4th gen iPod Touches worked. Was told I needed re-flashed. Dealer told me I already had the latest update and they still didn't work. Took it back and got re-flashed (maybe a roll back to a previous version?) and they worked. Now, since IOS5, I plugged in my daughters iPod Touch 4th gen 32 GB and it worked almost right away once. Ever since it just says reading. Hopefully I just need re-flashed one more time (back to the newest?) and it should work. I want to get an iPod Touch or iPhone 4s for myself but not if it won't work in my car.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Brand new mitsu rvr/asx owner and really mad my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.5 won't work ... So wanted to know if I buy a zune player would it work with voice control if so I can pick one up for cheap. Don't want to update to iOS 5 as there is no jailbreak

Thanks all

Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 AM

Upgraded my iPod Touch to iOS5 and now my MMCS reads my iPod. First time took a long time, probably due to my 3000+ tracks! Voice activation OK.
BUT no sound! Running time displays time.
Anybody any idea what's wrong now?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM

Sorry, did a Homer there! Forgot to switch to dock connection! Wonderful stereo sound now

Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Default Indy Outlander Sport

Got my car everything worked fine for a few days. Then my I pod classic wouldnt connect with the USB.Tried a Geek stick using the USB connection it reads and plays WHATEVER it wants?!! Last night tried to place a call with my Iphone, it dialed then froze up, then shut my phone off untill i reset my phone. Today phone works great, music from phone fine, music from USB plays whatever it wants but no I pod. Disapointed in the poor Multi Media Center... Mitshu should be fixing or recalling the systems!!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 AM

I have an ASX3 in the UK, the Oulander Sport in the US. I have an iPod touch which worked well before my son upgraded the firmware to 4.1.1. Now the car does not regognise the iPod. The problem is with Apple who have yet to provide Mitsubishi with the upgrade,unless anyone out there has an upgrade they can share to rectify the problem!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Default iphone 4s

Originally Posted by lumpiap
Good Morning,
I am a service writer for a Mitsu Dealership in California and currently have a case open for one of our clients. As if now our Tech Center does not have a definite fix but are working on it. They are trying to find out what ipod versions, operating systems etc are effecting the units first from around the country.

I'll kepp you posted.
Not sure when you posted this, I've never used my connection until I just got iphone 4s when I connect phone says this may not be a good application. how do I get started?