New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mitusbishi Aftermarket Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Default RE: Mitusbishi Aftermarket Parts

buy a turbo on ebay, how hard is that, you'll save like 500 semolies. Wasn't there some guy on this board offering a stock evo turbo for like 300 with manifold?

they are all over ebay.

call a junkyard that has a connection to the computer db, give them your number and tell them to call you back when they have found one.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:14 PM

well i need to make a pipe to lead to the exaust and air filter and manifold...is an intercooler necisary? or do i have to make another damned thing for it?i took a look at my exaust pipes...they join up 1 inch b4 the o2 sensor....do i make a connection there or move it up to jus one pipe or split a pipe from the turbo so it reaches both exaust before they join? and do i need a new exasuast system? i have these things in consideration

Old 09-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Yeah i would not give my car up to anyone who i dont know personally or professionally so i agree with AlZuben give some creditials and then maybe do some business but AlZuben did ask and you have replied only with we need a test car? sound kinda fishy and i hope not cuz its sounds like a good deal if your prices and products are right but please on your next post reply back with something to prove your legit

Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jpmontero98

well i need to make a pipe to lead to the exaust and air filter and manifold...is an intercooler necisary? or do i have to make another damned thing for it?i took a look at my exaust pipes...they join up 1 inch b4 the o2 sensor....do i make a connection there or move it up to jus one pipe or split a pipe from the turbo so it reaches both exaust before they join? and do i need a new exasuast system? i have these things in consideration

I'm not the guy to talk to about turbos. But my understanding is the intercooler is necessary because the increased pressure causes spontaneous combustion before the spark. Dropping the temperature prevents this premature ignition.....so put one on your joint too!

you can buy all your drop pipes at most auto parts stores. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a shop to bend, cut and weld them for you. I don't think those prefab kits are a bad idea...with pipes, intercooler and all. Someone did point out on here that one he saw was a piece of junk... so research these kits before buying.

You know of course, you're probably going to blow the engine. I would probably recommend if you really want a turbo, you should just buy a used block from japan. It will cost you about $2000 instead of $1000 or less....but the engine is complete and already made for a turbo.

I'm not making any promises yet...but if this whole import thing I am considering gets off the ground, I'm planning to have them ship me evo engines along with cars. So, I'm planning as part of this deal to sell mitsu 4&6 cyl turbo engines. But don't go holding your breath....because if it gets to be too much a pita, I'll dump the whole project. If you want, you can order an engine alone from the same guys in Japan that I plan to deal with. You'll probably have to wait a few months for it to be delivered though. And I wouldn't sell it to you for less than they would anyway....probably more.

http://www.japan-partner.com/

email them. I sent them an email on Monday and still haven't gotten a response.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: R@lli@rtR@cer

Yeah i would not give my car up to anyone who i dont know personally or professionally so i agree with AlZuben give some creditials and then maybe do some business but AlZuben did ask and you have replied only with we need a test car? sound kinda fishy and i hope not cuz its sounds like a good deal if your prices and products are right but please on your next post reply back with something to prove your legit

it's a little fishy. If they have that many parts, yada yada, they could just go out and buy a used lancer for like $1500 and do whatever they wish with it.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:09 PM

ok from what i got from the link i have a 6g74 engine....someone on pajero UK forum said i can swap my pistons with a mitsu 3000gt pistons as well

Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM

you might be able to swap cylinder heads and acheive the compression ratio you want without swapping pistons. you might even be able to get your head milled to reduce compression. All much easier than a piston swap.
Is that really the most efficient use of your money though?

Old 09-16-2007, 05:46 PM

i doubt it......if i can do this with out doing any insane stuff im all in because i want the most perforance out of my montero......if i can do this ill jus find other ways to get HP, cat back exaust and usin a superchip to edit my ECU for extra power and stuff...if i cant put a turbo in without blowin my engine im droppin the idea

Old 09-16-2007, 06:04 PM

it's a montero, it has a high CG. do you really want to end up like that evo in LA? Trick it out, luxury it up...but if you want to rat race, get yourself one of those little toys. You start talking performance, you're going to be spending money on suspension, etc. Your transmission isn't geared for that sort of use anyway.

buy an imported turbo diesel and do a swap. you'll get a big gain in torque and beat all those little hondas off the line and your power curve will give out about the time you hit the next traffic light....or reach enough speed to get yourself killed.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM

no im jus makin it more powerful to haul stuff (cars for school for bodyshop )not to race it lol i can jus run over the hondas (note my sig)

Quick Reply: Mitusbishi Aftermarket Parts