New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Tps issues and need any advice or help asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:44 AM
Default Tps issues and need any advice or help asap!!

I have purchased a 92 Montero 4x4 5spd 3.0L v6 that had 180k+ miles on it. I was told it had been sitting about 7 months and has some issues like a flat tire and a leaking gas hoes little things like that but it started right up.. only thing was it was a bit hesitant to take off and it was obvious it wasn't running as it should (lose of power) but she was able to get up to 60mph on the freeway to get her home. So I picked it up for cheap (500$) got her home and only then I noticed the MAF was unplugged. But the truck was running and I know for a fact this shouldn't be happening unless the MAF is bad so I plugged it back in and it ran a little different but it still was suffering the same issues. I decided to check out what my IAC (idle air control) looked like so I took that out and gave it a good spraying with throttle body cleaner. After reassembling the truck ran as if it had no issues with idle or power lose.. it had tons of power and drove like a completely different truck!! But soon enough after about 2 hours of solid smooth driving I cut the motor off, let it sit for about 30mins then fired her back up to only have it running rough and lose of power again.. so I decided to pick up a new MAF sensor $$ and replaced that and still same, the truck now dies while unpluging new MAF like it should so I'm glad that seems to be working in order but I was determined to have her running how I had it just minutes ago.. so I knew the TPS deals with idle and all that, so I simply unbolted the TPS to only bolt it right back up to how it was originally and ever since then the truck idle surges/misfires and completely zero power to the pedal.. I went to my local parts store and got a new TPS $$ and tired it out, still exactly the same.. truck has been sitting up the road from my house and I'm doing everything I can to get her at least drivable like it was.. is thier anyone who can help me out?? Maybe I need to relearn TPS memory?? Idk.. I put in a new IAC sensor today and it's still has zero power and idle is is insanely terrible. I also did a voltmeter test to flash code her and its giving me code #14, (TPS) and I have a bran new one.. I'm stumped any advice at this point will really help me out.. mahaloz for your time