Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Help me please! Power chip...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Default Help me please! Power chip...

Hello!

My boyfriend and I have a 2004 Lancer RalliArt. He's always talking about wanting to get chips, and programmers and stuff like that, and when it comes to this kind of stuff I am completely out of the loop. But i'd like to get him something that increases the speed and performance of the car, for Christmas with out giving it away, so i can't really ask him questions. So i've been researching alot online but I thought maybe someone would be willing to help me out a little. I suppose it comes down to getting him a power chip, or a performance programmer, but i don't think i entierly understand the difference, which ones better. I realize that with the programmer...you get to actually program it and make manual adjustments, but that one is quite a bit more expensive then the other....not that price is that big of an issue, but is it really worth it to spend that much more if they mainly do the same thing? So basically i'm asking for indepth explanations here. What i've gotten online has just been little descriptions. And I need detail! I don't wanna get him the wrong thing . So if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!!!!

Thank you!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned
Default RE: Help me please! Power chip...

Honestly those chips are scams. They don't really do anything, and you can buy something exactly the same from radio shack, they cost $0.02

If you want to get him something nice, get him one of the following (in order of price low to high)

Intake (he probably already has one)
Catback Exhaust
Exhaust header