Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo PSI Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Default RE: Turbo PSI Question

you need a guage to use the boost controller..other wise im sure you can break you carreally fasy either the motor or T25 turbo since the turbo isnt good at all to begin with

Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

you need a guage to use the boost controller..other wise im sure you can break you carreally fasy either the motor or T25 turbo since the turbo isnt good at all to begin with
The turbos not that good to begin with? seems to run strong to me. What's not so good about it.
and yes, i did realize i would need a guage. What gauge would you suggest? I mean, is there a specific company i should look into or just get one off of ebay?

Old 02-13-2006, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

The turbos not that good to begin with? seems to run strong to me. What's not so good about it.
and yes, i did realize i would need a guage. What gauge would you suggest? I mean, is there a specific company i should look into or just get one off of ebay?
The stock turbo in the 2Gs is just junk they dont make very much power and they are very inefficient and cant run more that 17 PSI before it is out of range and they dont last all that long. The 16G turbo will make more power at less PSI than you stock turbo that is why alot of 2G guys swap out and upgrade. the T25 maxes out at around 275ishHP MAYBE IF ITS LUCKY and the big 16G maxes around 390HP.

as for the gauge.. I am set on useing an electric boost gauge the are a little more accurate but alot more $$$. my gauge new is $180 I think where as a mechanical one would be alot less depening on brand. I also like reading in bars not PSI cause it is easier to see the hash marks are more spread apart. I fyou want cheap but reliable Autometer is the best bet I think cause for the most part they have good prices I mean what $50 or something for a boost gauge compaired to $180

Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 PM

true dat.

The 16G turbo you were saying is better. How much would it cost for a total swap? Is it a simple bolt on or would I need to change other things?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 PM

Your being genorous for that T25.. You would be lucky to get over 225 whp with the stock t25.. And I may be mistaking, but i think the stock t25 can push 15 psi at max... The 14b can push 17 however.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

Your being genorous for that T25.. You would be lucky to get over 225 whp with the stock t25.. And I may be mistaking, but i think the stock t25 can push 15 psi at max... The 14b can push 17 however.
I have seen 14bs at 20PSI and T25s as high as 18PSI not that I recomend either but I think 17 on the T25 will be fine or at least it will drop back out to about 15 by redline anyway.

The T25 must make more than that because my buddies talon AWD vs my Bone stock EVO ran neck and neck from a 50MPH roll and my EVO stock makes about 248AWHP so the T25 must make around that area at 16PSI(he had that with bolt ons)

Old 02-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

yea i love that video just cuz i never thought i would keep up in my talon, but that was of course before you had the MBC or any of the stuff you have now.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:09 AM

i agree with advocate on the hp numbers. i think the most hp people have ever made on a t25 is around 250whp on racegas(which is prety pointless)and that is all midrange, it completely falls on its face at high rpms. most people can probly make around 225ishwhp with all bolt ons, 17psi in cold weather. but no matter how high you set your boost controller, by redline you will be back down to 12psi, the dinky exhaust side of the turbo cant keep up at high rpms

Old 02-15-2006, 04:49 AM

I was looking on Ebay for Boost Controllers
I found a lot that look like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-D...QQcmdZViewItem
Would this be a good idea to buy in the future? Or should i suck it up and buy a brand names such as GReddy or Apexi?

Old 02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

that one doesn't look too bad, You'll be able to tell the ones not to get, which are the one's that look hand made. It really all depends on what you have to spend though. If you have the money. Then get a good name brand one. You can get that at a reasonable price on ebay i believe.

On reply to DSMtalonAWD51: My talon would actually hold the 15 psi when i had the MBC in there, it never dropped back to 12. But i really don't know what i had for HP on it with the bolt ons. It had to be pretty good though to keep up with an evo.

Quick Reply: Turbo PSI Question