Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Default RE: FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install

Its such a relief to hear someone ELSE say that, man... I hate **** like that. People runnin around with walmart stereo components all wired together dredged all over the car... with a ****ing Jensen deck or some bull**** saying that it pushes like 50000000 watts... Rattles the doors and license plate, and sounds like total ****.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM

Come on guys. I do agree that it could have been finished better. The door panel could have been left alone.
One thing you guys are seeing past is the fact that he did his own work. For that alone, I commend you JP.

What was on your mind though when you were cutting the door panel? I'm just curious.
My very first install went the same way....after that...the rest looked as pro as it does today...OK, it was a little less pro back then, lol.

Again, props for doing your own work JP, but next time ask us for some advice bro. That's what we're here for

Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97
Again, props for doing your own work JP
That I can give you credit for, at least you put forth the effort of experimenting and exploring, and it wasn't out of laziness that you cut the pannel. You could do like what was mentioned before if you want to use the aftermarket speaker covers, and build an extention to place the covers outside the door panel. Might look a little funny, but better than having a gaping hold in your door. Just takes some 1/2" MDF and a little bit of enginuity.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:18 AM

well 100$ speaker are somthing i cant afford..i jus put them in to replace the popped stock ones and they were a wal mart deal they dont sound as bad as i expected thoughwich threw me off but when i get a full time job ill look into those alpines you said and a way better dash deck than what i have....good part is i dont have to replace the whole door panal...just the cut part...harsh on what you said but i see your point....

Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

, I commend you JP.

What was on your mind though when you were cutting the door panel? I'm just curious.
thanks
the door panel woulnt go al the way on...i jus need to replace the bottoom half wich is good...i got some in the junkyard for 10$ a peice...they need to be cleaned and de-molded...as in mold grew on them and ill see if i can fiberglass over the ones i f***ed up to make it look welll...not sure if i can say "better"...but yea being honest its my first install and i would have other people do it but i dont want to py 200$ to get 30$ speakers installed...i work part time at min wage 4 days a week for a few hours so i cant get the best at this time
i promise you guys this when i get the galant or eclipse i wont put cheap crap in it or do a messy install if i do so you canE-[sm=chairshot.gif]...i jus need a list of recommended radio equipment

Old 06-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Dude we are all learning thats why we are here. Word of advice anytime you are about to do something that will alter things in your car in a negative way stop post the question here or ask someone. Props on doing it your self know that proud feeling when you can say I did myself yet you don't want people to look at it and say you did that yourself didn;t you? I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I think if you had of put the speakers in to replace stock ones and hooked up the lights I think the glow would have come from under the panels and that probably would have been bad ***

Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 AM

^agreed with the sith lord on the last one. And would they not fit because of the cover that came with the speaker? If that was the problem, you may have been able to leave off the cover and have everything appear stock and still have the glow. Also, if you're wanting to keep your door light, simply plug the door light back in and run a set of wires in a parallel circuit with them to the speakers. that'll allow you to keep your door lights and have the speakers glow as well. You'll have a little more current draw, but I doubt it will be anything signicicant, so some 16awg wire should be more than sufficient.