Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life Goals

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Life Goals

i would start by limiting yourself to 5 year goals. anything beyond that really gets unrealistic.
...and you should have only 1 goal and that is education.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM

cable guy 101. I make prob mid $40ks right now and which is like $19 hour but in another year I can be at like $30 an hour and TRUST ME it is super super easy and think I live on my own pay rent in an area where it is outragous and pay for a $22k car and all the mods and I STILL save money

I think its a way for an average living and then lots and lots of overtime. bu dont forget I am garaenteed 40hours even when I am home a few hours early every day and play baseball for a few hours at work too hahahaha

Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned

Tell that to my brother LOL.

Hes on my nuts to get 10 things... coming up with 5 is as good as none

Old 09-22-2007, 09:51 PM

Woah woah take it easy on the military it is a damn good career if you go in for something you like or wanna learn and not the army navy or marines. I myself work in airborne communications in the air force and its been the best damn decision of my life. Its only suicide if you wanna be a ****ing infantry or some **** like that. I have been to places like brazil germany italy columbia russia egypt and many other places and i am 22 years old and been in more countries than people go in a life time and getting paid pretty good for it. The first two years suck cuz of basic and tech training but please dont diss on the military in my opinion its the best career anyone can choose and you are going to get two things no matter what; an education plus college money (the air force will pay 100%), you will be taken care of and family will be taken care of no matter what and as for a career as a mechanic from experience if you love to do it as a hobby once you do it as a career your love for it on the side drops off after awhile now myy opinion on some things to do would be:
1) would be the air force even if just for 4 years (i am in for twenty cuz i have a ****ed knee that they will pay for and for the retirement which i will retire at 39 and have a job with AT&T making +90k yr or Raytheon Boeing etc.) and i am serious if you do get interested PM me and i will make sure you get in the right place cuz a recruiter will get you were he needs you but if you are interested let me know
2) If you have friends or know people who own a shop get in with them and learn the ropes of owning your own shop and then its waiting saving money and learning about grants and stuff to get started and i have friends who have choose that route and it takes time.
3)ITT-Tech gets you some good jobs starting a decent salaries
4)If you like cars and mechanics that much go for UTI or Wyoming tech some really good schools that focus just on mechanics and get some damn good job placement
5)Only do jobs like McDs for the money while you go to school i worked there my first job and oh jesus i would never do it again
6)There is always stuff like A&Pwhich is like a aircraft mechanic school which my dad has and he is an aircraft mechanic making good money now but took him awhile to get on with SouthWest which is a good company
My suggestion is to sit done and think of things that interest you and things you wanna achieve like $$$ how often you want to work and if you wanna do manual labor or more sit down by a desk type things and there is always a business management degree which is one of the easiest and most usable degrees you can use it with any job.

If you are curious or want to know more about the air force which is the only branch i would suggest unless you wanna be gung ho about guns and shooting people than go marines. But i would be more than willing to tell you what its all about give you advice on jobs and what to stay away from and what to expect. I have been in for almost four years and seen alot of cool **** and never once touched the desert just to let you know.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM

oh and having four years in the service i make about 42k a year and free benefits for myself wife and child dental and health and am gone less than a 30hr work week

Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 PM

go to college now, get a degree in some automotive field, get a job at some aoutmotive place, do a good job andtake it over

Old 09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

I think we are missing the point. Where do i see myself in 10+ years. I dont see myself in school in 10+ years and i sure as hell dont see me in a ****ing war zone.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

ba3kgt. Thats exactly what i want to do. However, i dont want to be a wrench monkey. I dont plan to be a mechanic, or even pick up a wrench, i plan to be the one designing this ****.

But that falls under some form of automotive engineering...

Old 09-22-2007, 10:41 PM

in ten years design cars for mitsubishi or some other major company or be a smog tester or a photographer

what exactly are u good at?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:43 PM

if ur the manager for the place u could tell people what to do. just show good leadership and good jusdgement and stuff. or get a buisness degree if that helps any

Quick Reply: Life Goals