Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life Goals

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned
Default RE: Life Goals

I totally agree with those things.

Design cars - again coming under the automotive engineering lol

A smog tester? That seems like a whole lotta work for very little gain. Not something i want to be doing in 10 years.

Photographer? Thats very hit and miss...

I make a good leader, im hard working, motivated, eager to learn, pretty computer literate, pretty car literate.

I would love to test cars

Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Than i would look towards a mechanical engineering degree electrical engineering automotive engineering all degrees that will help i am half way done with an EE (electrical engineering degree) but when i get out i plan on like att or raytheon unless i decide to do UTI sometime but thats really good to be that motivated to do it my cousin just got done with a ME after 5 years and he said it was hard but worth it. The best thing to do is look at what schools offer the program and what you can afford and remember a degree from eastern new mexico is the same degree from Cal state its your grades through out the program that make the big differencs

Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Banned

Thats already on my list...

Old 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM

sebba you seem like a well rounded kid, and your willing to learn and can take advice. If your looking to open a shop, i could tell you, being as though i've owned one for 13 years now, it's fun. AT TIMES. The way i started was just like you, loved cars and wanted to work on them, but i knew just high performance wasn't going to make me rich. (not that i am now but still). So i studying for 1 and half and got my master technician license. I'll tell you it's something you have to love, becuase you have to deal with it on a daily basis. You have to be enthused about installing a full turbo upgrade, as much as doing brakes on a crappy jetta. The money is well, if you do your finances right.

You could also, with the master tech license run a service drive and make 90k + a year.
You could also take courses to teach others how to drive, and become a dial in driver at a race track. Where people pay you to teach them how to drive. And pay you to drive their cars.
You seem like a hands on type of kid, so choose something that you truely would love. I can only give you a glimpse of what i do, hopefully you learn from it and derive your own path.

Gus

Old 09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Thanks man, I apreciate it

Old 09-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

Why dont i just come work for you? lol

Old 09-23-2007, 06:14 PM

well i require brakes and coolant system ASE certifications for all my employees, and willingness to learn. These degree's are very easy and wont take more then 2 months to get. I pay them well, more then at the standard dealership. If ever you leave England and are in the Miami area, i'll for sure give you a hand.

Gus

Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 PM

photographer is fairly easy....i know a few jus carry good equip and snap good pics

Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

I left England Dec 21st lol. I live in San Antonio TX

Old 09-23-2007, 10:52 PM

ohhh. in that case, edit that to " if ever you leave san antonio tx....."

same applies either way

Gus

Quick Reply: Life Goals