Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default What do you guys think

Well i posted this also in the forum issues section but got no replies since i dont think people ever look at it, ill just start it in here

Im thinking in here that we need to start an FAQ section becuase of the constant repeated questions. I think this would make the site alot more accessable for people to get answers quickly. I figure it could be a How to/FAQ section. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe we could just start with basic stuff...obviously crankwalk, how to install guages, lifter tick, turbo kits for 420a. Stuff like this that i think will really help. No Posting will be allowed in that section, only threads started and closed. And all would have to be chosen to be a good thread before it can go in there

Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Default RE: What do you guys think

i like that idea

daniel

Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 PM

I don't know, it sounds like a great idea but there is more interaction when we have to answer questions even if they're repeated questions. You put a FAQ up and it doesn't serve the purpose of this site which is interaction about Mitsubishi's....besides, usually each question isn't exactly the same.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:20 PM

I'm going to ask a question if I have one reguardless of how many times it's been asked on this site. If I want to know something then I want to know. Especially when it comes time to upgrade my turbo and everything else that flows with it. If people get pissed off with giving an answer then that's their problem. They don't need to be so assholish about it. I can see if people are asking dumb common sense questions then yeah you can get agitated with that.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:38 PM

seems like a good idea, but repetative question usally start when someone can find them, so you can make a FAQ, i would just put all the questions asked and the anwsers get moved to it instead of posting it in there, then you could get the anwsers and the questions and still have the interaction.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:48 PM

I would just advise them to do a search on the forum search tab. If that's not included in the newbie sign to acknowledge thing then I would add that, maybe they just dont know it's there or how to use the search. Ask all newbies to search the past threads if that's the direction that you want to go. Personally I think that people asking some of the same questions that aren't truely basic is maybe just looking for a more opinions- I don't like to go with what just one thread/ person says, I would probably ask the question again to get a consensus. Besides, it keeps us on our toes

Old 08-30-2006, 01:31 AM

who deleted my post? well anyhow i think it will help becousei learn ALOT from tech and FAQ sections on forums.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

well im not talking about turbos and kits or more detailed stuff like that. But on alot of other forums there has always been a how to/FAQ section for people just looking to find a quick answer. Because im sure there are alot of people that just look around here and never post. I just figure this will make it a much easier forum. But i definetly dont think posting should be allowed in it. I think a list of stuff should be made though that seems to be easy to answer questions. And as other things come up they can just be put into there.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:50 PM

im all for having an FAQ section. good idea[8D]