Engine build recommendations

Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default Engine build recommendations

Well due to a rod knock or a bearing about to spin, I'm about to do a rebuild on a G54B block. Those that don't know, this engine comes out of only 2 vehicle. The Mitsubishi Starion (Chrysler Conquest) and the D-50 truck. The Conquest is what I have and they are a turbocharged engine. So now I'm looking at what I should be getting for a fully rebuild/upgrade. I would like the lower end to be able to handle around 400 HP. I would like to be in the 300 HP club when I drop her back in and would like to be able to easily upgrade the turbo (Probably a Super 16G will be what I'll jump to from here) with no problems from the block itself.

Now a little background on the engine: I just did quite a bit of work on her. I replaced the oil pump, water pump, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, timing chain and guides, cam and crank gears. I have done a balance shaft elimination, jet valve elimination, and installed mechanical rockers (NO MORE HYDRAULICS W00T). The secondary air system has been removed, pre-cat gutted, BOV installed, throttle body completely cleaned and rebuilt, injector clips replaced, and MSD Blaster 2 coil installed. I think that about covers everything I've done pertaining to the engine. So anyone with ideas, thoughts let me know.